PDA

View Full Version : Glen Helen Thanksgiving Day

Slims
11-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Whats up guys? Hit Glen Helen with my buddies again this Thanksgiving. 13 years running with this group of guys. Anyway, fish started biting quick. Within 10 minutes of setting up, my buddies 9 year old popped a 7.5 lber on yellow power bait. It was awesome, he did it all himself from setting the hook to reeling it in. He won the 25 dollar BPS giftcard we give away to the biggest fish caught. Contest over before I had a line in the water. A few more fish caught on powerbait but by 930 the bite died. I got a grand total of 4 fish, all caught on purple "slims custom baits". 3 on the straight trout worm and 1 on the cricket. The one I got on the cricket spit the hook at the cement but screw it, Im counting it. Total take for our group of 9 was 16 trout. All healthy sized. The calaveres trout they stocked in the lake this year did not disappoint.

Vies
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Whats up guys? Hit Glen Helen with my buddies again this Thanksgiving. 13 years running with this group of guys. Anyway, fish started biting quick. Within 10 minutes of setting up, my buddies 9 year old popped a 7.5 lber on yellow power bait. It was awesome, he did it all himself from setting the hook to reeling it in. He won the 25 dollar BPS giftcard we give away to the biggest fish caught. Contest over before I had a line in the water. A few more fish caught on powerbait but by 930 the bite died. I got a grand total of 4 fish, all caught on purple "slims custom baits". 3 on the straight trout worm and 1 on the cricket. The one I got on the cricket spit the hook at the cement but screw it, Im counting it. Total take for our group of 9 was 16 trout. All healthy sized. The calaveres trout they stocked in the lake this year did not disappoint.

Wow great job out there! I went there friday and it seemed to me that the lake was already fished out by the time i got there in the morning.... well of course the winds were NOT helping the situation at all. Anyway, nice selection of fishing Ammo.... i might try that next time i hit the lake again... and maybe....i can win that BPS gift card next year! lol

Take it easy and keep those lines wet!

-Vies