PDA

View Full Version : Anybody fished Little Lake in Hemet?

chappy23us
11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Still debating on where to take my kids tomorrow. Gregory is the favorite but I was looking around and stumbled on the Little Lake in Hemet website. I was wondering if anybody has fished it since it reopened?

sodapop
11-22-2012, 10:25 PM
You already know it is a small lake, after they stock it is an easy limits at the points on east side. Since it is a small lake
it can be fished out if there is no recent stocking.

ben0606
11-23-2012, 12:44 AM
I love this little place. More of a pond but still nice and relaxing with great fishing. The couple that runs it are respectful, courteous, and give tips all the time. There's a goose as the mascot who loves kids and the fishing is pretty darn good for a pond. This is where I go to take my 4 year old daughter when I don't want to deal with my boat. She has a blast every time. Last spring I saw it was opened again and limited every time. Summer had a great catfish bite and this trout season has been good as well.

My daughter has her pb catfish at 6 lbs and her pb trout at 4.34 lbs. The fish are bigger than last year and the trout derbies for kids is a blast where they find a way to give prizes to all the kids. My daughter tied last year for biggest fish and smallest. We didn't claim the biggest cause 2 other kids had tied her so we claimed the smallest and she won a nice rod and reel which she loves. Shallow lake maybe 10-15 ft the deepest, cats are still in there and they even have some nice bass. Lots of shade from the tall trees too.

Earlier this month inflated night crawlers was my go to but don't forget your power bait, kast asters, and super dupers. If you go a while with no bite change it up as with any lake until you find the hot button. Use your lighter line and the usual trout techniques. Hell my daughter got her pb trout with her pole she won which I didn't switch the line from cats and it was perfect timing with 8 lb test which we all know is a no no for trout but hey it helped when the trout got wrapped in the tullies. My pole could have snapped the 2 lb test.

Overall, as you can tell, I love taking my daughter here. Good luck and if you have bite problems, ask the nice couple. Last thing, the more stockings the better the wide open bite just like any lake.

Get some.....

Ben

chappy23us
11-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. After finding out that a couple of friends who were going with us did not have licenses we ended up going to Jess Ranch. The report is coming but I can say that it was a disappointment. I am definitely looking forward to trying Little Lake in the near future.