PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lake on Thanksgiving

DMS
11-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Instead of cooking all day, we got an invite for dinner and hit Castaic on Thanksgiving. They held the line for over a half an hour on opening with some talk of too windy (it wasn't). They finally let us in and we got off. Looked around for them and tried to get some of the deep stuff on the finder. No deep customers except a boulder down there that robbed me of my lure. (grrrr).
Finally found what I was looking for and got the skunk out. While pulling on it, they started boiling for just a moment. Anyway, we ended up with five stripers and one that got away. Off the water kind of early so we go next door for turkey. Striper is on the menu tomorrow.
Lulu was great and is really getting good at killing stripey.
Trying to post a few photos, but can't seem to get them to go. Maybe they are too large.
DMS

cutbait
11-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Held the line for a half hour hoping you would leave so they could close the lake on thanksgiving....

Congrats on the quick boil flurry

DMS
11-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes, there were about 25 boats or so in line by the time they started warning us of the .... :LOL: wind.... Only one guy turned back and the bankies started asking why they couldn't go... so I guess they gave in.

TroutOnly
11-22-2012, 07:40 PM
WAY TO GET THEM D/M/S,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

numbnuts
11-25-2012, 10:29 AM
The problem is when the wind is blowing from the North it is a b*tch to launch or trailer the boat from the main ramp. Problem would be solved if they would open the west ramp.....i can't tell you how many times I have asked the lifegaurds, when its blowing 30 mph and they are in a wet suit in waste deep water at the ramp helping boaters trailer, why they cant open the other launch ramp.