PDA

View Full Version : Jess Ranch or Gregory on Friday??

chappy23us
11-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Gonna take the kids (5 and 6) out on Friday morning and was wondering if it is worth the hour drive and $40 to fish Jess Ranch? I've been there before and have had good and bad days. I was debating on going to Gregory because it is free and is only 30 minutes from my house. Any advice would be appreciated.

Viejo
11-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Let your kids decide. They will have fun just being out there with you and fishing. You have a 50/50 chance of getting something right.

Tubbytuba
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
i never pay more than 10 bucks to fish, just saying, but you aren't likely to catch many fish at the greg, the fish will be in the 1 pound to 2 pound range. they loaded that place with some nicer fish before they shut it down. plus what ever hold overs are in there will be nice and tasty, wait till around January and they will have bright red flesh. forget that powerbait stuff, bring a bunch of night crawlers and inflate them on two pound test Carolina rig. there are browns in there but you have to know what you're doing to catch them and you have to be there right at sun up or sun down to catch the biggins. i haven't stabbed one in there yet but i have in some sierra lakes, be careful with the brownies, CnR them so your kids can catch a ten pounder in two years. good hunting!

seal
11-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Gregory's brown's are starting to hang tighter to shore. It will probably be an early or late bite no matter which one you decide on cause it's going to heat up by Friday.

blakeb
11-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Ill be at lake Gregory tomorrow morning with a couple freinds I've never been to Gregory lake so I hope it's good! Good luck man maybe see you out there.

chappy23us
11-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. After finding out a couple of friends who were going with us did not have licenses we ended up going to Jess Ranch. What a mistake! I will be posting report shortly. Looking forward to Gregory next weekend.

castle
11-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Id try Gregory, its free after all and if you get skunked yoir not out that much money.