PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado Park Friday 11/23/12 or Legg Lake?

georatm2011
11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Debating if I want to hit up El Dorado and go trout fishing or Legg Lake this Friday, any suggestions? Got skunked on Veterans day at El Dorado and had to pay for parking too : (. Never been trout fishing at Legg Lake and not sure about which spots are good to hit, P.S. I am a noob fisherman don't know the lingo.

Carptain_Bao
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh well I wouldn't suggest legg, but trout season will not be too good anyway in city park lakes, trout is too small...I think El Dorado might be a lil bit more productive,Legg is a big lake and can be tough.
Good luck!

jsmith91725
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
well legg can be very productive its just knowing where to fish
the north lake rosemead entrance and the santa anita entrance is where they stock the trout and is mainly where they congregate
the point at the rosemead is a good spot to throw jigs or soak some pb
the waterfall at the santa anita entrance is a good spot lots of moving water and often free swimming trout can be seen

and also the drain to the right of the waterfall is commonly occupied by spooked trout

ive fished legg for 15 years and anyone at legg who knows their spots will tell u the same

good luck :My Two Cents:

bassfishing24/7
12-01-2012, 04:19 AM
If ur new to Fishing & looking to catch trout,there's a couple of smaller lakes that will produce,follow up on the dfg Stocking info line & google map the lake locations....

smokehound
12-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Alot of people miss tons of trout right in front of them.

They dont always school like mackerel, schooling is a defensive tactic when predators (cormorants) are in pursuit.

Alot of them hide along the shoreline, behind ledges, in deep weeds, etc.

Dropshot is great for weedy areas, try it!

georatm2011
12-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks boys, I have a hard time navigating this site for some reason but we did get some trout at Cerritos Lake today, powerbait just 4 feet out.