PDA

View Full Version : White Sea Bass @ Cabrillo!!!!!

fishfreak
08-30-2007, 12:40 PM
hey y'all,
went out to cabrill yesterday and tried my luck with some new swimbaits. to my surprise the beach was very windy and cold towards later evening. fished a 3.5" sardine colored swimabit on 1/4 oz. leadhead on 12lb test did pretty good for the short period of time i was there. caught a short hali, followed by 3 short sandies, followed by a short WSB! i was very surprised to have caught the WSB while bouncing the swimbait off the bottom. lots of fun, will be tubing it on Sat.

recap: tube cabrillo last week and caught lots of short sabdies and calico on the same colored swimbait. towards the end of the fishing day i hooked into something very big, it ran and ran and ran until it spooled my 8lb line. now that i come to think about it, it could have hook a big WSB that wanted to part of me. the reason for my conclusion is the fact that i hooked the short WSB on the same yesterday which could have enticed a WSB. atleast i would like to think so. it's pretty funny when your sitting in your tube and ur holding on to your rod as ur line is screaming out! WTF! oh well, i'll get it next time. good luck out there, the big ones are here!

Sea Murda
08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
recap: tube cabrillo last week and caught lots of short sabdies and calico on the same colored swimbait. towards the end of the fishing day i hooked into something very big, it ran and ran and ran until it spooled my 8lb line. now that i come to think about it, it could have hook a big WSB that wanted to part of me. the reason for my conclusion is the fact that i hooked the short WSB on the same yesterday which could have enticed a WSB. atleast i would like to think so. it's pretty funny when your sitting in your tube and ur holding on to your rod as ur line is screaming out! WTF! oh well, i'll get it next time. good luck out there, the big ones are here!

or it could have been a BSB, a yaker caught a 40+pounder at the tourney a couple weeks ago............he said it was spinning him in circles :D

fishfreak
08-30-2007, 02:39 PM
probably. never the less, it was hell a fun just holding onto my rod as it ran and ran. i'll get him next time.

one_leg
08-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for posting your report.

Makes me wonder if I lost a big WSB at Malibu a month ago?

One_Leg