PDA

View Full Version : Trout Stocking Local Waters

Poseidon
11-19-2012, 10:06 AM
I was just curious to know if our local creeks like SGR West & East Fork and Upper & Lower Tujunga Creek would ever be stocked again. I have so man memories fishing these waters and it is just sad that there is no fish in these waters anymore. They were great local creeks.

Trout Assasin
11-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I doubt in our time you will see that. The EPA is all over the frogs, gnats, and other crap that they wanna save. Would be awesome to fish those waters again, vivid memories of velveeta under a bobber going down the stream or some salmon eggs on a hook.......

Poseidon
11-19-2012, 11:01 AM
I doubt in our time you will see that. The EPA is all over the frogs, gnats, and other crap that they wanna save. Would be awesome to fish those waters again, vivid memories of velveeta under a bobber going down the stream or some salmon eggs on a hook.......

Those were the days man, I miss it soo much. It's really disappointing not being able to fish the waters anymore. Hopefully someone can do something about it really quickly.

JoshuaSGR
09-18-2013, 12:34 PM
they still have fish in the east and west fork S.G.R. I went up the east fork about 3 months ago to the Iron creek confluence and they have some fish in there. I personally only saw 5"-8" for the fish but they're there. should be bigger now though. Imma take a trip within a few weeks and I'll report what I find

Troutin Man
09-18-2013, 10:11 PM
The West Fork also has wild trout anywhere between 4 inches to 8 or so. I've had luck using pheasant tail nymphs and black gnats. The fish are there, but they are smart little buggers. They are not an easy catch.

I just take a ride up on my bike and stop at pools and go up a few miles or so.

Give it a try. You need an adventure pass to park of course...5 bucks...cheaper than pay lakes and pretty rewarding to catch a wild one.