PDA

View Full Version : Slow day but Quality fish at Lake Cachuma 11/18/12

Carptain_Bao
11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Got to the lake with one of my fishing club member Benny at 8:45
Went to the right side of the marina, set up one rod with powerbait, tried lip ripperz Z spoon on the other rod but no takers, switched to drop shot but didnt get any hit either, finally I decided to deadstick a mouse tail. Benny got bored so he took a c-rigged power worm and started to work along the shoreline.

Around 10:30 I cast out my powerbait again and put the indicator on my line and started walking back to the rock that I was sitting down, I saw the bobber went all the way up! Fish On! The drag was peeling but it didn't really feel like a big fish, but once I got it closer to the shoreline I was shocked, it looks like 3lber to me! After a couple mins it finally gave up and I netted this bad boy. Sure enough it is a 3lber. I am very surprised by the size of trout they stocked.

I called benny he came back to see the fish, he switched back to powerbait as well. Around 11:45 I was changing the powerbait again and while I was reeling it in I felt I got a snag but suddenly it started to take off, this fish gave me several runs which was very fun! Finally Benny netted it, came out to be a 1.5lb rainbow. After I removed the hook I saw the mouse tail got a hit but somehow the fish was off when I set the hook. But we already got two fish on the stringer.

http://i48.tinypic.com/24x01ef.jpg

Finally around 12:40 Benny's rod went full bendo! The drag was peeling like crazy, it was his first time trout fishing so I tried my best to make sure that he lands his first catch, it took us at least a good 7 mins to finally land it, it was a solid 4lber! He is now hooked with trout fishing! The photo didn't do the fish justice, it is a fatty, must be 4lbs!

http://i46.tinypic.com/33bztk8.jpg

No more bite after that so we headed back around 2:30.
All the fish are caught on powerbait.
I will have to say lake cachuma stocks big big fish, other people were saying fishing is slow but the fish they stock is big this year so definitely get out there and have a good time!

troutdog
12-01-2012, 01:10 AM
WTG Bao...you sure get around Carptain!

TD

dkinla
12-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Really nice trout! Never been up to Cachuma...

TUNAVIC
12-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Very Nice! Man I miss that lake thanks for the report and pics,and sparking some memories.

Cya Tuna Vic

DynoDan
12-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Nice boa! U coming down for the buy one get one day week end ?

Carptain_Bao
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
WTG Bao...you sure get around Carptain!

TD

Thanks TD see you at the vine soon!

Carptain_Bao
12-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Really nice trout! Never been up to Cachuma...

it is a beautiful lake, very good for camping!

Carptain_Bao
12-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Very Nice! Man I miss that lake thanks for the report and pics,and sparking some memories.

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks Tuna Vic, that's one of the places I will be visiting more often!

Carptain_Bao
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Nice boa! U coming down for the buy one get one day week end ?

Dan I wish I could but final is coming so I can't...winter break is coming so i will be fishing all day everyday lol

Mr T-rex
12-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Nice trout boss !! I went during summer time and slayed smallies and largys down by the campsite

Carptain_Bao
12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Nice trout boss !! I went during summer time and slayed smallies and largys down by the campsite

Thanks T Rex, heard the bass fishing there is very good, would like to try it one day!

Mr T-rex
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah its off the hook.. I hit a little cove by the campgrounds and i caught bass,bluegill and carp all on nightcrawlers bait and wait which was awesome aha
i would love to go soon but too far from me