PDA

View Full Version : 11-17-2012 11:28 limited (pics)

Thisfool
11-17-2012, 07:24 PM
ok bear with me people im running on less then 3 hours of sleep and had to cover a lot of water to get my fish.

ok got to the lake Friday around 630 to see Josh, tapersteve, bigdaddy and hometown in line we chatted it up grilled up some protein in the form of chuck roast kielbasa and smoked sausages, i let it get way to late before i tried to turn in and thanks to a very loud and very drunk person in line i dint fall asleep until about 2am.

well any way morning came and i had my tube in the water and was on my way by 620 or so.

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2012-11-17065136.jpg

headed over to the front side of trout island and picked one up fairly quick and that gave me hopes that the talks of the fishing being slow was just that.

No pic for this guy he was just to little camera couldn't pick him up lol he wasn't that little i just forgot to take a pic.

after a while of no more fish and me losing confidence in trying to learn to drop shot today i tied on a marabou jig that a really cool guy that i met in line last night gave me saying he slays with them in the sierras. first cast i let the jig sink to the bottom pop pop pop reel in the slack pop pop pop FISH ON WOW I LOVE THIS JIG lol

(black body/ dark olive green lead head) sorry you cant see the jig to well its kinda stuck in the net and the fish still had a lot of fight left so i wanted to get it on the stringer asap
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2012-11-17080623.jpg

another long while and several circles and one lost fish due to a bad knot in front of trout island and no fish i head head over to the west shore to thank the guy who gave me that jig. i was at the west shore where it turns out the bit was doing good but just started to die down i hook up and if is a line peeler i must of done a dozen or so donuts and went left to right a dozen or so times and i land a 3.8 on the orange trout king mini jig

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2012-11-17084622.jpg

and yet again it was ANOTHER LONG WHILE and a kick back to trout island and on my way back to the west shore i set my min jig rod in my lap and start reeling in my night crawler set up to check up on it and while my rod is siting motionless in my lap for close to two minutes i see the rod tip bounce twice. i thought to my self what the heck is that so i pick up my rod and sure enough something feels alive on the other end. so fish number 4 on the stringer

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2012-11-17094032.jpg

so i worked that area for more nothing then i work up the west shore for more nothing then i get some intel that they are biting on the back side of trout island. so i let the wind do the work for me and drift over to the point of trout island and im ashamed to say that for the first time in 2 years i dunked some power bait :Sad: well got over there and the source of the intel is nowhere in site and others over there confirm that the fish are not biting.

with that i head back to the west shore i take off the self esteem crushing powerbait tie back on the orange mini jig switch out the colors on the power mouse and as soon as i get to the west shore the power mouse that has been in the water for maybe ten minutes gets me a sweet BEND'O' i mean rod tip almost in the water BEND'O' and i get a nice solid run for about 10 full seconds get it turned back to come to me and work him for a bit and its a 3lb15oz bow and my limit

red worm/ white egg dipped in bite on
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2012-11-17112754.jpg

and here is the war ship "mellow yellow" with is spoils of war
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2012-11-17120753.jpg

big thanks to Scot aka Bring it Diego aka Prowlertuber and Bob bar aka bebop for all the advice help and tips over the last few weeks

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
11-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice job out there Travis! Wished I coulda been there. Looked like it was a blast!

Thisfool
11-17-2012, 09:02 PM
lol man it was hard work but yea man you should of been there

Carptain_Bao
11-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Good job on limiting out bro! Quality fish you caught there!

BRING IT
11-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Great post, maybe I should have took some advice from you Trav:Thumbs Up: I couldnt get a fish to even look at what I had to offer, and I threw all the same things everyone else threw:mad: Congrats on a great day:Wink:
BRING IT:Guns:

FKNChristopH
11-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Glad you got your limit! Way to go and stellar performance at the vine

*shakkaa*

Thisfool
11-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Great post, maybe I should have took some advice from you Trav:Thumbs Up: I couldnt get a fish to even look at what I had to offer, and I threw all the same things everyone else threw:mad: Congrats on a great day:Wink:
BRING IT:Guns:

lol at the gathering after the weigh ins i was talking to Phyl (candyman) he was like "your funny man every time you got bit you got all excited"

i told him "well i just cant believe that i catch fish it still surprises me" i just got lucky

Glad you got your limit! Way to go and stellar performance at the vine

*shakkaa*

thanks man just having fun and luck was on my side

Thisfool
11-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Good job on limiting out bro! Quality fish you caught there!

thanks bro. me and josh are going to float tube corona on friday the day after thanksgiving you should go fish with us if you can

Carptain_Bao
11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
thanks bro. me and josh are going to float tube corona on friday the day after thanksgiving you should go fish with us if you can

Right on,I'm down! Will text you tmr bout it!

VineVideos
11-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Congrats on the limit and the quality fish !! Great job and post.

I was filming the Berkley Pro Team all morning yesterday. Lots of kids at the lake enjoying the seminars and learning. Saw several nice stringers on the west shore by mid morning. Including one kid caught about a 5 pounder. Also taped a nice Brook Trout that Don Spencer pointed me to.

Should be a promising week and good Shootout Tournament next Saturday. Lots of the bigger fish coming in.

Will see you guys then.

Thanks again for the post !!

DJ

Thisfool
11-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Congrats on the limit and the quality fish !! Great job and post.

I was filming the Berkley Pro Team all morning yesterday. Lots of kids at the lake enjoying the seminars and learning. Saw several nice stringers on the west shore by mid morning. Including one kid caught about a 5 pounder. Also taped a nice Brook Trout that Don Spencer pointed me to.

Should be a promising week and good Shootout Tournament next Saturday. Lots of the bigger fish coming in.

Will see you guys then

Thanks again for the post !!

DJ

yup while i was working the west shore i seen a few of the shore fisher men catch some nice fish and i see the Berkly crew over there with the kids i thought it was really cool. those kids had some of the best teachers any one of any age could ask for.

i will also be trying to make it out to the shootout tournament

DynoDan
11-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Nice job bro! Fish on! See you Friday! Lord willing!

5150fishn
11-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Nice job on the limit Travis. Heard it was kind of a tough day on the water. I am going to try and get out there next saturday.

OC ANGLER
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
nice work out there Travis ! good meeting you afterwords , iam gonna see if I can make friday happen if I got nothing goin on

Rooster
11-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Your becoming the jig master. Great report and pics as always. Cya Saturday on the podium collecting some Ca$h ... :Envious:

Thisfool
11-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Your becoming the jig master. Great report and pics as always. Cya Saturday on the podium collecting some Ca$h ... :Envious:

lol i dont know about that im just geting lucky

nice work out there Travis ! good meeting you afterwords , iam gonna see if I can make friday happen if I got nothing goin on

it was nice to meet you too bro hope you can make it on friday it should be a good day

troutdog
11-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Great job out there Travis, please take Bring It Scott on a personal guide trip so you can teach him how to fish :Neutral: :LOL:

TD

Thisfool
11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Great job out there Travis, please take Bring It Scott on a personal guide trip so you can teach him how to fish :Neutral: :LOL:

TD

lol i dont know about that man just a lucky day for an unlucky fool

ToadsToadsOnly
11-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Good Job out there, funny thing is on your third picture looks like you were pissing a couple of the shore guys off looks like one of them is giving you the double finger.

Thisfool
12-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Good Job out there, funny thing is on your third picture looks like you were pissing a couple of the shore guys off looks like one of them is giving you the double finger.

lol hahahah yea it does dont it lol. but na they were kinda cheering me on. a lot of "nice fish" and "wow good ones" and after i took my pic a guy asked me to come in closer so he could get a pic of it