PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 11-17

P.A.W.
11-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Hmmmmm how do I characterize today? Well, not too bad. How's that? Went straight to the east end by ramp #2 and dropped a trolling rig. Got a fish within 2 minutes or so about midway into the area. Then I figured "they're here" so I started casting around the area near the tulies an threw a topwater in the open water. Nada. Down goes the u-rig and off we go. Another one on as I got to the main lake area. Hmmmm.
Today the water was high, pretty darn high. I didn't see any boils and the birds that were there Monday were gone this morning. It was a grind. I farmed more fish today than I have for a loong time. Found the most consistant bite along the north shore between ramp 1 and the inlet. Wound up with 5 landed and farmed around 6 or 7. As I hit the Marina around noon I saw a group of boats all over the far east end shallows. I didn't go to investigate but I bet the afternoon bite was taking shape there.

For the LMB guys, I talked with some fishermen here and there who were getting them on plastics, both weightless and dropshot.

Sublime-Steve
11-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Sounds like a good day to me.. DVL stunk but i got a hold over which was odd.. lol

P.A.W.
11-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Yah, Sunday was not so good for me either. Got a few one right after another bright and early then the sun came up and out and it turned off. I was metrering fish and got short hit a few times but it was tough. Caught a few dink LMB on jerkbait around the tulies.

Slater
11-18-2012, 08:40 PM
I got in a few hours Sat morning for nada. Did more searching/paddling than actual fishing. Not much for surface activity - though i did spot a single fish chasing/riping on some small baitfish (had them jumping for their lives out of water) just out of my casting range. Did a single troll pass on the east end for no takers and called it by 9:30.
Took my niece and younger cousin to have some fun worming for small bass(they loved the baby bass) in the evening. Not very stripey for me unfortunately but another nice day for a paddle. goodluck out at skinner everyone.
PAW/Pat good seeing you...

bitesomthing
11-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Hmmmmm how do I characterize today? Well, not too bad. How's that? Went straight to the east end by ramp #2 and dropped a trolling rig. Got a fish within 2 minutes or so about midway into the area. Then I figured "they're here" so I started casting around the area near the tulies an threw a topwater in the open water. Nada. Down goes the u-rig and off we go. Another one on as I got to the main lake area. Hmmmm.
Today the water was high, pretty darn high. I didn't see any boils and the birds that were there Monday were gone this morning. It was a grind. I farmed more fish today than I have for a loong time. Found the most consistant bite along the north shore between ramp 1 and the inlet. Wound up with 5 landed and farmed around 6 or 7. As I hit the Marina around noon I saw a group of boats all over the far east end shallows. I didn't go to investigate but I bet the afternoon bite was taking shape there.

For the LMB guys, I talked with some fishermen here and there who were getting them on plastics, both weightless and dropshot.

I was there on Saturday also. headed straight to the Ramp 2 tulle area. watched guy land one right away and then i saw nothing the rest of the day. NO BOILS NO NOTHING.
headed over to east end and saw a bunch of boats also and only saw one guy out in the middle catch a LMB. Very slow for me( then again i suck at that darn lake)
I have lots of time on the water there and just can't seem to get it. Maybe the pontoon rental has some to do with it!!!!