PDA

View Full Version : For sale, half eaten Hostess Twinkie, $1,000.00

Bassnman Mike
11-17-2012, 07:49 AM
BWHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Just kidding! I just think its crazy, there are people selling Twinikies on eBay for insane prices and the really crazy part, people are actually buying them.

DEVOREFLYER
11-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Oh my Gawd, no Twinkies, no Ho Ho’s, no Ding Dong’s and a number of states just legalized Marijuana. What’s a druggie gonna do when he get’s the Munchies? Oh the horror of it all. :No Pity:

basskeeter
11-17-2012, 12:44 PM
BWHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Just kidding! I just think its crazy, there are people selling Twinikies on eBay for insane prices and the really crazy part, people are actually buying them.

How much for a sniff?

HawgZWylde
11-17-2012, 12:54 PM
How much for a sniff?

Haha, probably smells better than that hand, depending on exactly where it just came from...

cutbait
11-17-2012, 01:22 PM
I bought raspberry zingers with my coffee today because I was afraid it will be my last one ever

Bassnman Mike
11-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Oh my Gawd, no Twinkies, no Ho Ho’s, no Ding Dong’s and a number of states just legalized Marijuana. What’s a druggie gonna do when he get’s the Munchies? Oh the horror of it all. :No Pity:

Little Debbies???? HA!

How much for a sniff?

I'll tell ya what, I'll sell you a crumb and the wrapper for $50.00 Shipped.

DEVOREFLYER
11-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Little Debbies???? HA!

I'll tell ya what, I'll sell you a crumb and the wrapper for $50.00 Shipped.

Do ya take EBT cards? :Envious:

CraigH
11-18-2012, 08:02 AM
The good thing about stocking up on twinkies is that they probably have a shelf life of about 20 years, so you'll be able to sell them on ebay for the next several years and have a steady income.

MarkyMark
11-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Do ya take EBT cards? :Envious:

Where are you going with that comment...:Embarrassed:

Marley
11-18-2012, 09:25 AM
My aunt makes the best rum cake. SOOOO good. the last part of the cake recipe is a hot glaze made with more rum. She got the idea to take that same glaze and cover (okay, soak) Twinkies with it. Totally delicious by themselves or with fresh berries and whipped cream.
I sure hope Hostess sells that recipe to someone who will use it, otherwise no more Rum Twinkies!

DEVOREFLYER
11-18-2012, 02:08 PM
So in 2009 the company was already in bankruptcy, and a Bain-like private equity firm brought it out of bankruptcy due to a $130 million investment, which the investors, get this, hoped to one day see a profit on.

The union workers disagreed, and told the investors that they should not only never expect a profit, but that they would continue escalating demands so that additional bankruptcies and additional bailouts of millions of dollars would follow.

So, the investors said: See ya. No use throwing good money after bad.

But remember, it's the people who spent $130 million to bring the company out of bankruptcy who are the villains here.

Unionism seems to be animated by the religious conviction that only the union laborer is deserving to make any money whatsoever for his exertions. Everyone else -- investors, owners, taxpayers -- exists solely to donate their money to the cause of union profit.

OC ANGLER
11-18-2012, 05:10 PM
looks like iam going twinkie hunting and then posting them on ebay .... lol

P.A.W.
11-18-2012, 05:17 PM
So in 2009 the company was already in bankruptcy, and a Bain-like private equity firm brought it out of bankruptcy due to a $130 million investment, which the investors, get this, hoped to one day see a profit on.

The union workers disagreed, and told the investors that they should not only never expect a profit, but that they would continue escalating demands so that additional bankruptcies and additional bailouts of millions of dollars would follow.

So, the investors said: See ya. No use throwing good money after bad.

But remember, it's the people who spent $130 million to bring the company out of bankruptcy who are the villains here.

Unionism seems to be animated by the religious conviction that only the union laborer is deserving to make any money whatsoever for his exertions. Everyone else -- investors, owners, taxpayers -- exists solely to donate their money to the cause of union profit.

I'll start by saying I am a union member. BUT you are right. The company went to the workers hoping to work out something so EVERYONE could keep their jobs. The union rallied the workers in solidarity to be staunch in their refusal. Hostess did the right thing...... OK seeya! Now where is the union? Will they pay the workers salaries now that their jobs are gone? Can't wait to hear what the reps tell the dues paying suckers. The unions tell everyone they are there for the worker. Nope. They are there for the union machine.

DockRat
11-18-2012, 07:25 PM
So many pages on ebay, some guys asking millions ! LOL
If you click on lowest priced first, there is many auctions under a dollar.
I saw some auctions with 3 boxes under one dollar with free shipping.

I don't think I've eaten a twinkie in 20 years.
DR

EL JEFE
11-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Confucius say...........the Twinkie will return!

cutbait
11-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Look up twinkie in urban dictionary

I believe TroutOnly is in one of the definitions