PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a bit of help at Silverwood.

Reel Newbie
11-16-2012, 08:33 AM
It's fall again and my lust to catch Stripers is back. Last year out of 20 trips to the wood, I only caught 2 Stripers. I'm sure alot of this has to do with my lack of experience, but reading all the great reports provides hope for me.

So, what should I be looking for? Boils, birds, shad schools, all of the above? Also, if someone can provide an idea of baits I should be focused on using that would be great. I mostly fish salty bass so my tackle collection consists of big swimbaits and lots of Warbaits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we intend to visit Silverwood this weekend. We'll be in a saltwater CC bass boat with a sea foam colored hull.

Thanks again.

trollmiester
11-16-2012, 08:43 AM
i would get a guide trip with trout only----------the knowledge is worth every penny. my two cents.

Mobydick
11-16-2012, 01:01 PM
I had great success from shore at the dam. I usually fish towards the evening right at sunset. Got two limits on both days last weekend! All fish are from 3-4 lbs. My bait of choice are the Zoom swimbaits, never fails. Also saw a few bait guys catching too but they were small, 10" - 14".

flyhigh123
11-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I too would also suggest contacting TO and learning from the master! Trust me that what you spend with him will pay you back 10 fold!

seal
11-16-2012, 08:27 PM
I would go to DVL.