PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake Late Report 11-2-12

Cptengineer
11-15-2012, 09:57 AM
So I knew they'd been stocking since early October and my father in law and I were itching to get the trout season started. Got there at 5:45 am and set up, went to pay at 6am (when they opened) and our lines were in the water by 6:15. We used assortments of power bait and scents and I was drop shoting power worms. No luck. One guy with in the horse shoe got 2 trout by 7:30 am, not sure on what. We kept our lines wet, and i worked the power worms, rapala, kast master, you name it. We did notice the trout leaping our frequently both deep and near shore. Finally i realized they were hitting the small shad that were floating on top. Anyway, an 18 pack later we get our first bite (father in law) around 12:30 pm and the second bite (me) around 1:00 pm. So far it's the largest trout I've caught at 19 inches. Both fish seem to have been caught on PB Chartreuse and PB Salmon Peach, both using Angler Bros. Roe scent. We also tried Berkeley scent, and Lip ripperz garlic love sauce. Other PB used were garlic and spring green.

nivrae
11-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Great report, I hadn't heard much from Hesperia Lake other than it was slow.

As for the pictures I hope you get it working. Perhaps it's an issue with the file size of the images? Or does the new upload manager resize them now? It's been a while for me lol.

Edit: Awesome, I see you got it to work ;D

Pudd Legend
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
How's the water clarity at hesperia so far this season?

Cptengineer
11-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Water clarity is not very good. very green and murky. I use flourocarbon leaders on all my stuff but my father in law uses cheapo mono, so who knows.

Pudd Legend
11-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the follow up. Should have known, Hesperia water clarity has been poor the last 5 seasons I have fished trout there.

J-Dub
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
never really hear good reports about this lake anymore...sad....