PDA

View Full Version : Nice Finish at Bport 11-14

billy b
11-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Had a gorgeous day of weather ... 63-64 ... virtually no wind ... b4 the expected storms ... early morning temp was high 30's
Caught 3 nice fish from shore ... ate a great bkfast at Hays Street

There were 2 boats come in that had hit 3-4 each ... also included nice brownies of about 3-4 lbs. Some used part of a NC ... others used a full NC ... I'm guessing that baby NC's aren't going to help much

Tried about 8-10 pbaits without a nibble ... also power egg and NC
The best thing was the old M & M ... or a NC
Had 3 real nice short bites .... probably from using a full NC

I'm not up to speed much on Berkley's mouse ... any suggestions?

I as just walking over to pull in lines when I got a fish that delayed me 15-20 minutes ... a nice 3 lb brownie by my cheapo scale
(I'll take suggestions as to a good one to buy ... thx much) ... he measured 20 inches
Probably shouldn't have been using 2# test .... but my Stella performed perfectly

Wasn't sure what to do about CPR ... the hook was way down in his throat ... thot maybe he could survive if I cut the line and left a red owner hook in her
The other 2 were typical Bport fatties ... 1 and 1.5 each ... with pink meat

And had a wonderful drive home through the West Walker canyon area.

Beautiful day of fishing ... with a little catching added in
Nice way to end the season for me ... last year I got the b&w kitty on the shore of Twin Lakes

Hope y'all had a great Sierra season

gamekiller
11-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Ahahahahaha...... stella to baitfish???

FAIL!!!

billy b
11-16-2012, 06:56 AM

FAIL!!!

HUH? "Fail?"

simijab
11-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Damn a stella for trout fishing?

simijab
11-17-2012, 07:13 AM
How does one have a "cheapo scale" and use a stella for their trout reel. What did that scale cost $50. Lol anyways nice job

billy b
11-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Good question. I have a Rapala scale that is worthy but I can't get it to work right ... so had to use a pocket scale. At least I new the measurement. Does 20 brownie sound like 3 - 3.5 lbs?

HawgZWylde
11-17-2012, 10:31 AM

FAIL!!!

Since when are Brownies considered "baitfish"? I've pulled some monster Brownies out of the BP reservoir. Same for the Twins. I don't know man, those freshwater Stella's must be too good for those pesky "baitfish", eh? I guess I better stop doing that...

Nice job up there billy b. Next year can't come soon enough...

gamekiller
11-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Since when are Brownies considered "baitfish"? I've pulled some monster Brownies out of the BP reservoir. Same for the Twins. I don't know man, those freshwater Stella's must be too good for those pesky "baitfish", eh? I guess I better stop doing that...

Nice job up there billy b. Next year can't come soon enough...:

Nice to know u have a stella as well, but my president will catch just as many big ones...and cmon bud, u didn't know browns eat baitfish.....im talking bout baiting n waiting...hopefully u dont let your $500 reel sit in a pole holder all day either....

Either way tho, congrats to billy b

HawgZWylde
11-23-2012, 11:11 PM
:

Nice to know u have a stella as well, but my president will catch just as many big ones...and cmon bud, u didn't know browns eat baitfish.....im talking bout baiting n waiting...hopefully u dont let your $500 reel sit in a pole holder all day either....

Nah, my Stella see's plenty of bass action as well. I use it for finessing those LMB's with lockjaw. My old Abu Garcia Cardinal (early 80's) still works good for Trout. So does my Mitchell. But like I told billyb awhile ago, I chase big lake Brownies with my medium action baitcaster rig using jigs/craws, crankbaits, swimbaits, and jerkbaits...

gavin310
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
:

Damn gamekiller you're really obsessed with money aren't you? Do you also row up to expensive boats and explain to them how you can catch just as many fish in your rowboat?

Congrats on the 3lb brownie, billy b. Must have been a great fight...

sandtrout
06-02-2016, 10:29 AM
All I can say is. YOU LUCKY DOG!!! I used a friend stella with a gloomis once...felt like poetry! Congrats on caught fish!

hookdfisherman
06-02-2016, 11:51 AM
All I can say is. YOU LUCKY DOG!!! I used a friend stella with a gloomis once...felt like poetry! Congrats on caught fish!

i bet the rod and reel didn't have an atrocious logo...

:LOL: