PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Nov 14th (from a boat) Great day!

allanon
11-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Went solo today to LNL.

Arrived in line around 530 or so, #8 in line. There were about 15 cars in line once we started moving at 6am.

Bought my pass and got the boat, first line in the water around 620 or so, set up in the flats. (Was first boat on water this time).

Missed a bite at around 630, then hooked up on first fish of the day (Powerbait).
2nd fish of the day at around 7am.
3rd one at around 8am....

After that it got slow and decided to move to the inlet as that place was good last week. Around 845am or so.

Once there, it was very good fishing. 16 fish in the next 2 hours. I had one double hook up.

I tried my best to get pix of all the fish, as I was alone in the boat so had freedom of movement. Sorry for the poor pix quality, I did my best.

Was fishing one pole powerbait or inflated crawler, the other pole white mini jig. The powerbait/nightcrawler pole was steady, but the jig was on fire!

Caught my last fish around 1055 or so and headed in for the day. Did give away my 4 fish in the basket to a family on the way in.

I was using 4lb izor main line, 4lb seaguar blue label (flouro) leader, rainbow powerbait, all dipped in love sauce. White mini jigs/atomic teasers on 4lb izor direct to the lure.

Tight lines every one!

Rot8
11-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Went solo today to LNL.

Arrived in line around 530 or so, #8 in line. There were about 15 cars in line once we started moving at 6am.

Bought my pass and got the boat, first line in the water around 620 or so, set up in the flats. (Was first boat on water this time).

Missed a bite at around 630, then hooked up on first fish of the day (Powerbait).
2nd fish of the day at around 7am.
3rd one at around 8am....

After that it got slow and decided to move to the inlet as that place was good last week. Around 845am or so.

Once there, it was very good fishing. 16 fish in the next 2 hours. I had one double hook up.

I tried my best to get pix of all the fish, as I was alone in the boat so had freedom of movement. Sorry for the poor pix quality, I did my best.

Was fishing one pole powerbait or inflated crawler, the other pole white mini jig. The powerbait/nightcrawler pole was steady, but the jig was on fire!

Caught my last fish around 1055 or so and headed in for the day. Did give away my 4 fish in the basket to a family on the way in.

I was using 4lb izor main line, 4lb seaguar blue label (flouro) leader, rainbow powerbait, all dipped in love sauce. White mini jigs/atomic teasers on 4lb izor direct to the lure.

Tight lines every one!

Thanks for the post. How was the crowd on a Wed? Any shore space in the inlet?

allanon
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Oddly enough, I didn't see very many shore folks in the spot I was fishing.
The problem with fishing the inlet is there is very little shore access....

Rot8
11-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the info. It is bizzarre how the fish are settling in the inlet this year. I hope it doesn't last because...you are right...there isn't much space in there to fish. I hope they start spreading out to the flats where there is plenty of room.

Oh well, it is still early in the season.

Nice job with your limit. It makes me want to take off work.

Rot8

TUNAVIC
11-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice report and pics, planning on hitting that lake in about two wks,we usually fish from shore and do ok,thanks again.

Cya Tuna Vic

esteban1t
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the report, you think fishing would be good tomorrow ?