PDA

View Full Version : Winter crappie

SoCalFisher606
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Does anyone have any advice for winter crappie fishing? I heard that fall was a tough time to fish for them, but I haven't heard much about winter. Does anyone have any tactics or anything for this time of the year? I'll mostly be fishing puddingstone. Thanks in advance

fishermanx14
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
wax worms on a drop shot with a very slow retrieve produce, also get some Berkeley gulp alive 1 inch minnows and put them under a bobber, reel very very slow with long pauses in between. You can also do this with trout magnets which work very well and tubes which i dont have experience with. Fish sail boat cove off both sides of the docks

P.s. you can throw a trout magnet or minnow on a drop shot and shake your rod tip gently just enough to feel the weight and reel in slowly, they might be out deep, might be out far just gotta find em

Thanks,
Christian

Levianth
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
They will be deep as soon as it gets cold. Tube jigs with a heavy split shot 18" up from the jig to get your line down will work.

Troutcz swimbait
11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Does anyone have any advice for winter crappie fishing? I heard that fall was a tough time to fish for them, but I haven't heard much about winter. Does anyone have any tactics or anything for this time of the year? I'll mostly be fishing puddingstone. Thanks in advance
Pudd I would find the shad in the deepest part of the lake,then drop shot double jigs like the fin s shad tipped.