11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/fndaway66/CloserNov102012004.jpg

abovi001
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
nice! where....

and why not CPR?!

Big Country
11-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Crying shame that there's a stringer through it's mouth...hopefully you pulled ur head out of ur *** after the pic and put it back...hopefully!

Sierra_Smitty
11-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Crying shame that there's a stringer through it's mouth...hopefully you pulled ur head out of ur *** after the pic and put it back...hopefully!

I wish there was a "like" button on this message board hahahaha.

Big Country
11-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Some people just don't realize what their holding...that is such a great achievement for that guy on so many levels, I just hope he did the right thing and dropped it back in the water for it to swim and fight another day.

I've spent serious time at that spot and hung a couple of bruisers there as well, but that fish is an absolute beast.

TrOuT FeVeR
11-13-2012, 04:24 PM
This fish was caught at twin lakes using a sinking fly and the fish was not released because i was up there this weekend and the fish was outside of kens sporting goods in the refrigirator they have outside :(

jig fish
11-13-2012, 05:10 PM
congrats!!!!! i probably would have killed the bastard

fndaway66
11-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Love it. I knew people would come on here and slam me. I too have spent many (40+) years chasing big fish in the area and many other lakes/rivers. Backpacked in for big goldens and yes a 3 pounder taste like candy on a 7 day hike. My buddy and I CPR'd over a dozen 3+ browns over the weekend, nobody was around because it was too cold, thier dicks would have shrunk so much they couldn't see it over thier belly. Most were sitting on thier fat asses drinking beer, sitting in the lazy boy, watching football. I have gone out for the closer almost every year for the past 40 years and this is the FIRST big fish i have every kept during this time. If you think I'm ruining the fishery well I got some news for you, there are many more big fish in that lake and if your LUCKY enough to catch one and I do mean lucky because most of them get old and die off anyway, never to been seen again, then so be it. If it was a hen then yeah it would have been CPR'd she has the eggs and i'm sure there would have been alot of young dick out there for her. I kept one fish. So instead of bashing, go out and get one yourself or are you scared your dick might freeze off. Oh by the way I'll be thinking of you guys next time I go out hunting. I'll bring my 22 instead of my bow so that i can CPR him.http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/fndaway66/kurts-hunt-11.jpg Later obama loving tree huggers.

Big Country
11-13-2012, 06:10 PM
If you've spent 40+ years of chasing browns on the closer and this is the first one you pulled of that quality, then you should know the ratio of catching a fish like that is rare. Why not put it back given that you know how rare it is and protect the fishery?

I'll preach the catch & release of browns all day long and heavily promote the slaying of all other fish which is how I feel. Since you posted your catch on the boards with the intent to get a rise out of people, I gave my opinion. I'm not so sure why you're hung up on peoples dicks and bellies, but whatever floats your boat dude.

I spent my time in the loop this past weekend (5 degrees on Sat & 3 on Sunday morning) trying to do the same as you. I've also spent the same scenario as you when it comes to the closer. Your fish is an epic catch so congrats, I just wish you would have put it back knowing how sensitive the fishery and hoe rare a catch that was.

FSHNLIC
11-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Gorgeous fish in beautiful scenery... Congrats on the hog!! Still chasing my DD

abovi001
11-14-2012, 07:55 AM
I want to hear the report!

Absolutely one hell of a fish though.... my dream is a 23"+ hook jaw brown, top top of the bucket list of fish... congrats on your fish! Hope you mount that baby!

sierraslam
11-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Nice fish! You're kind of down on fat people eh? Is that a self hating thing or what?