PDA

View Full Version : 11/9 Revenge and a new PB... 11/11 Farmville

fishfnatic
11-13-2012, 10:21 AM
11/9 Revenge and a new PB…

So I didn’t have work until the evening and Patrick and I decided to hit up Irvine for some trout fishing. We decided to shore fish today. We headed over to the west shore walked for about 10 minutes. Set everything down and got our poles in the water. Within 10 minutes my rod with garlic power bait covered in Bite On Fury Shad goes bendo. FINALLY, my first trout of the season *happydance*. We fish the spot a bit longer for nothing. While waiting for more bait bites, I began to work the shore with my new rod, drop shotting power worms.

Several feet down the shore I hook up with my first fish on my new custom rod. Yay! Land it. There was no action on the bait so we moved to where the fish was caught. Several minutes later I hook up another fish on the drop shot, this one is acting funny. I’ve felt this before… sure enough the fish was being chased by a decent sized largemouth bass.

We continue fishing for a while more. I feel a thump thump on the line, swing and bam hook up. The hookup was about 6 feet from shore. After the hook set all you hear is
drag peeling away. My brother looks at me with a look of “wtf is going on”. More line gets peeled off my reel. My god, I can’t stop it. Out of nowhere, a big largemouth bass breaches the water. OMG, the adrenaline goes into over drive. Another jump wooo. Trying to stay calm, while not breaking 2 lb test is a wee bit difficult. Get the fish close to shore… son of a… we have 3 poles sitting in the water… the bass is zig zagging in and out of the poles. See’s us at the shore takes off again. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz… Get him back under control (yea right the fish was in control the whole time). Dodge some more poles, it’s almost over now. Tell Patrick to get the net and not f*** it up. Finally, Patrick gets the net under the fish and it’s over. We both couldn’t believe it, 6.5lbs. My new PB for largemouth bass.

Ended the day with my limit, and 1 bass. There was no “hot color” for the day. Caught one maybe two fish on each color worm I tried. Only 1 fish came via power bait. Patrick ended the day with a couple of fish farmed and 1 landed.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh614/fishfnatic1/bass.jpg

11/11 Farmville

Wife asks me the night before if I wanted to fish the following day. Does she really need to ask? Set the alarms and get to the lake at 4:30am. Get in line and proceed to freeze my tukis off. Head to the tackle shop at 5 to pick up a stringer and enter the tournament. This would be the first time out on my tube this season. I would have liked to have a basket for my tube but the shop was out of them. Had to use a string stringer >.<.

Load up the tube and kick out into boat dock and start kicking around drop shotting a Pink Shad power worm. That was definitely the ticket for me today. Nothing else was getting bit. After all was said and done I had farmed 5 fish. Weighed in my heaviest of the day… a whole 2.0 lbs lol. After farming 5 fish I had 3 on the stringer and called it a day. 8 fish… to land 3…. I really need to get used to tubing again it’s been too long. No pictures of these guys all your standard stockers around 2 lbs.

5150fishn
11-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Nice job on breaking the skunk and getting your PB bass!

Carptain_Bao
11-13-2012, 12:21 PM
congrats on the fatty lmb! Way to go Kevin!

FKNChristopH
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Good stuff! Lets get a tube sesh in!

*shakkaa*

Thisfool
11-14-2012, 07:28 AM
way to go Kevin thats a sweet bass.

see you this weekend

troutdog
11-14-2012, 10:52 PM
CONGRATS on the PB bass, now go get an ever bigger trout! :LOL:

Nice going, thanks for posting up...see you at the lake.

TD