PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio lake report 11/12

plumbertom
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Steve (Fresnofisher) drove over this morning and we hit the lake about 7:30.
Did a little trolling to see if we could locate some stripers but that didn't pan out.
Worked a couple of edges because Steve wanted to see if he pull on a small mouth or two.
Ended up doing the bait and wait with sardines and chicken liver.
Steve worked a some minnows around where we are bait fishing and boated two legal size smallies.
The whisker fish were happy to play so we boated 12 of them 2 which were returned as too small.
The rest were 1 lb to about 4 lb.
When at the cleaning station I seen a couple of striper carcasses in the can that looked to be in the 15 lb range so
someone did okay there yesterday.

MikesOcean
11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the report! Were you metering Striper schools on bait and if so, how deep?

snospdr
11-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the report! Any bait around the docks?

plumbertom
11-14-2012, 08:23 AM
No, I didn't meter any big predators on the bait balls I found.
Wish I would have, I'd of dropped my downrigger and had a go at them.
By the way Water temps were 62 and the visibility was about 6'.
Mostly sunny skys air temps were low 40s in the morning warming to mid to upper 60s.
Didn't see any Shad around the dock at Harris Creek but we were late getting on the water. About 7:30. My friend had to drive the 2.5 hrs from Fresno and got a late start.

MikesOcean
11-15-2012, 05:35 PM
No, I didn't meter any big predators on the bait balls I found.
Wish I would have, I'd of dropped my downrigger and had a go at them.
By the way Water temps were 62 and the visibility was about 6'.
Mostly sunny skys air temps were low 40s in the morning warming to mid to upper 60s.
Didn't see any Shad around the dock at Harris Creek but we were late getting on the water. About 7:30. My friend had to drive the 2.5 hrs from Fresno and got a late start.

Thank you for all the info!

Best,

Mike