PDA

View Full Version : lbc 10/12 pm first hali !

peanutbutter
11-12-2012, 09:13 PM
lbc
gear:lc
conditions: clear kies but windy as hell
fish: my first hali
went today to lbc and tried my luck with the halis and........ suceeded finally :lol:
it was a nice size hali not a legal but 14 incher and you know whats better i got it on my 2nd cast im a happy camper today :lol:
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii582/peanutbuttersmack7/th_IMG_4245-2.jpg (http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii582/peanutbuttersmack7/?action=view&current=IMG_4245-2.jpg)

frankjz
11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Way to go man. I know the feeling of bringing in the first of a species. Good luck with hitting on a legal!

dlmoo312
11-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Great job on landing your first halibut, especially in this windy weather!
Keep it up and i'm sure you'll be bringing in a legal soon:Wink:
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

SP Dan
11-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Hi ya peanutbutter,

"Congratulations".... Jean, on landing your first Halibut...you lil' halibut slayer! :Big Smile::Applause:

I can't wait to read the excitement in your future report.......for when you land your first legal Halibut! It's out there waiting on you Jean.....it's just a matter of time! :Smile:
That's also going to be quite a read young man! Please...don't forget to include pic's with it...okay?!?
We will all want to see it and to share in your excitement!

Thanks for the great report on your new species on a LC lure! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

bachiboy
11-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Way to go PB!!! I'm sure this is just the first of many to come. That legal is waiting just around the corner, then it'll be an all out blitz on the flatties. :Wink:

Congrats!!!
Don

murrieta angler
11-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Great job Jean!
It was only a matter of time and that time was yesterday...:Smile:
What were you using for bait?
Did you go with the LC or dropshot?
Either way it's a nice fish.
Congrats,
Robert
<><

bloox8
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Congratulations!!:High Five:
Legal or not, its your first halibut so I am sure its an awesome feeling! I remember my first halibut... I think it was only around 11inch on a drop shot, but I was super stoked LOL! So great job landing it on an LC in the surf.
Keep it up and for sure you'll land a legal soon enough. Trust me, it's only the beginning :Big Grin: My first time slinging LCs in the surf was last year's Hunting Giants, and since then, I've manage to land a good amount of halibut from the surf (not nearly as much as SWAT, but still!!!), so keep doing what you're doing.

(THUMBS UP),

Thien (T.N)

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Great job peanutbutter, I'm still wok'n on get'n my first halibut.

Captain_hook
11-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Nice!!! Man I remember my first Hali!! Enjoi it for more to come thanks for the report

Kidfish
11-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Nice job on the first of many.

Wingnut
11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Great job Jean, you're going to get that legal soon. :Big Grin:

skunked4life
11-16-2012, 01:48 PM
A little late, but congrats! My first hali from the surf came not too long ago. two days later, my first legal was caught! You can do it!