PDA

View Full Version : Chillin with S.W.A.T

Nipple Twister
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Well I have to say it has been a tough year for fish, if you where getting any, either fresh or salt, it seems the word around the tackle shops is “you have to bring your game and fish’em up”.
I can’t say it has been all bad, I did manage a WSB earlier this year that was pretty epic in my book but as I said it wasn’t a walk in the park or petting puppies under the rainbow. I had to fish it hard and brought out some of the S.W.A.T big guns to take point and lead this smokewagon….Murrieta Angler, Pontoon, Capt. Croaker and the Bolsa Boys, Bones, Wingnut, FlyngBy, SPDan……… and I still find it necessary to pinch myself once in a while just to make sure it is really happening.
But this past summer has lead to some unusual low fish counts, hittin up some of my “go to” “for sure to beat the skunk” A.O.s only to be left going “Huh” after working it for hours for nadda, but they all have been educational in one form or another.
Some sessions have been marred with equipment failures:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/50EBF7E7-4B30-4124-843E-2BF1D654240A-1984-0000085F09CBC75B.jpg

But Shimano’s great warranty and customer service a new rod was sent directly to my house as a replacement!

The Orange County influence has tapered some for me since I recently moved from that area so I have been working some beaches I hadn’t been to in a while, or at all, which has been nice and rewarding:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/728FE971-0AC2-42DD-9158-3913B165A2AE-1984-0000085F1DFE2FE8.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/7146158B-2E05-4548-B46C-E31E809A910E-1984-0000085F0F2A9ACE.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/8C13DCF3-2E50-4D1C-822D-BF63503A7A6F-1984-0000085F17D67EB1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/43D31D3B-AF7A-42F0-897A-3747C8B2FEB5-1984-0000085F1EDD55FC.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/072812h.jpg
I digress and that is all water dried to salt deposits now (for all you fresh water anglers, that mean its old news), on to the report at hand…………

Date: Mon, Nov 12, 2012
Time: 0530-1100
A.O: since I was invited, Classified
Weather: Cold….Cold….Cold and windy(off shore) in the AM, by E.O.W nice, clear but still windy.
Surf; 1-3 ft large intervals
Tide: 4+ incoming
Water Clarity: good but with heavy salad
Water Temp: not sure but defiantly colder, maybe high 50s
Terrain: Wide sandy beach with rocky sections
Bait: LC with custom stink on a 7’ Carrot Stix using a Daiwa Luna 253L loaded with Powerpro 50lb braid.
Fish Count: 1 halibut, 1 Perch

Was reading through some reports and read where Wingnut asked about some other plans for the upcoming days for which I had expressed some interest (ah, like how I put that Arthur…..huh, huh? J). Looking thru the surf reports and checking conditions I concurred with the Intel I was given and confirmed my attendance with a quick text to the proper representative for addition to the roster. Upon arrival:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212a.jpg
A fast liquid relief, greeting my fellow anglers, Arthur and Peter, who where dressed and ready:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212b.jpg
They quickly made their way to the water with me right behind. Looking down the beach I could see those two working it good fan casting down the beach with an occasional stop for weed removal (no Lucas, not that kind….hehehe). It was heavy salad but making my way down the beach it looked like it might thin some so we kept at it. I eventually caught up with Arthur and he seemed content with a nice spot for a while so he paused his forward advancement and made sure to cover that area well before moving on, he mentioned some hits there but nothing stuck.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/100_0249.jpg
After some short chatting I made my way past and on down the beach towards Peter. Now the sun wasn’t up yet and with the steady off shore wind blowing IT WAS COLD! Peter was out here in shorts and a sweatshirt, Brrrrrrrrr…..
Tough Guy.
As we made our way I was getting nadda, lots of seaweed and grass, lots of hook clearing but the casting was nice!
Zoooooooommmmmmmmmm……”yeah, nice”. All the way out to Striper country! Nice long retrieves but half way back it was “bump” and drrrrrraaaaaggggggg in a large clump of green stuff!
With the weather and the salad conditions I wasn’t sure how long everyone was going to stick it out but for me I had all day, or at least until the wind change direction and casting sucked.
We had got a good lead on Arthur and once while looking back for him (he must have felt something about that spot ‘cause he was working it over good) I saw someone come down to the sand and approach Arthur. Couldn’t see who it was but it looked like they exchanged words, handshakes and departed…..hmmm, dunno.
(I later learned it was DFG checking to see if your papers are in order!)
Shortly later Arthur had caught up to us and he was moving past me, he and Peter decided to go a little further down the beach, I on the other hand stalled where I was ‘cause it just looked fishy and I have been to this spot before. Salad had thinned out as I had hoped it would and with the blazing fast and far casting I was getting some good retrieves….tide was peaking and deep, splashing against the boulders behind us…….I started to play games with the surf trying to time my casts just as a backwave was hitting an incoming wave to have it land just behind the crash and get a good pull in the retrieve with the outgoing current……I could feel the LC wiggle as soon as it hit the water and give me a good presentation. Playing around too much, getting complacent and loosening my grip almost cost me a nice fish and a very expensive rod/reel. (and the wife was with me rock hounding, would have to listen to THAT all the way home would not be fun!):
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212d.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212c.jpg
Just as I laid it over a wave it hit the water but instead of the little wiggle of the the LC it was BAM! With my rod trying to pull loose from my fingers I make recovery, make my swing and its FISH ON! Nice good heavy pull but no headshake, it was trying both ways up the beach but the hook set felt solid so retrieve was going my way…….in the shallow water it made surface…..”YEAH, HALIBUT BABY!
Careful timing, Arthur making his way back to me to assist on ‘bout the third wave I was able to beach a nice 28” halibut:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212j.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212i.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212h.jpg
After some quick pics and measurements this fish had taken that LC deep and was fatally injured during the battle……I had already set my PB so this fish was going to the dinner table.

I can’t begin to tell you how much of a rush it is landing one of these great creatures, no matter how many times in the past it just as exciting as the last, and with some of the upper brass there to see it…….priceless!
We continued for some time, Peter getting a Perch:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SWAT111212e.jpg

Arthur driving even harder, I decided to turn back early as to get this fish to the cooler. Tide was receding, wind was changing and by 10ish I could see Arthur and Peter making there way back:

Thanks Commander, great Intel and even better company…..

We chatted a bit, Arthur as usual had the other end of his candle burning too so he had to depart as did Peter so with a few handshakes it was down the fwy to home and tacos…….

Thanks for reading, ‘til next time……tight lines everyone…..

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/bth_50A70B14-53FD-40FD-B264-76BFD38319EB-2528-0000099B423D13D9.jpg?t=1352772357

bachiboy
11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Ahhh, the sweet sound of success!:Wink: You gotta love it!:Dancing Banana: That's a heck of a day trek out there but well worth it for 28" of pure love. I'd say that, while most have taken their lumps this year, you've done pretty damned well...from the day we met...literally! :LOL:

Congrats man...so well deserved!!!!:Thumbs Up:
Don

fishshep
11-12-2012, 08:51 PM
NICE!!! :Big Grin:

Looks like you hung in there taking hits from those

waves and it paid off !!! Congrats. on the Legal :Big Grin:

SP Dan
11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi ya NT,
I'll be right back....need to read your report! :ROFL: You know....it's just the way we roll! Ha ha ha!

"Congratulations John"!....... on beaching another quality fish! :Big Smile::Applause:

You've worked hard and long for each and every fish you've landed this year brotha! :Thumbs Up:

I can see by the photos that you and your wife made some delicious tacos for dinner. :Beer Toast: Hmmmmm!

Congratulations again for a well deserved fish my friend! :Cool:
PS.....per my chart....the live weight should have been approx 9.2 lbs....nice fish!

SP Dan <"))><

frankjz
11-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Great looking hali! Tremendous in that chilly water. Excellent report. Thanks for the reflective look over the summer. Really cool.

dlmoo312
11-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey Nippletwister,

Sounds like you've been working hard in the surf all year, glad to see that you landed a beautiful catch!
Especially in these conditions! I was tempted to head out this morning but was discouraged by the weather and I had a lot of studying to catch up on.. Woke up to trashcans being blown down my street this morning:Shocked: Great job on sticking it out and landing that 28" halibut! Congrats!
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

P.S. Those rod warranties are lifesavers! I recently broke a rod from Okuma and they sent me a replacement within a week! Great customer service.

Which Way Out
11-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Good morning John,,

What a day you had yesterday. Somehow my phone was blowing up with all the text messages going around. Must of been a group text, each time someone responded I got a copy. And each time I was kicking myself for not being there.

That's a beautiful fish, one to remember for sure. Good to see you recover from a season of so so fishing. I myself can't say my season was bad at all. It started off slow, but went Epic in late May.

Thanks for writing such a interesting report of your recent adventures. And Congratulations on catching a very nice Halibut.

WWO

murrieta angler
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
That's what I'm talking about John!!
When I recieved your first text, it wouldn't open up, so I had to ask Dan what it was and he casually texts back...hali..:Confused:
I finally get a text from Arturo later saying that it was a nice 28"er...:Envious:
You've got some nice fish this year, there hasn't been quantity this year but "Quality" fish.
Thanks for the report Bro,
Robert
<><

p.s. that light blue font is rough on these color blind eyes...:Neutral::LOL:

bloox8
11-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Nice job landing that 28er! :Smash:
Its pretty tough out there, especially with the conditions that just swung by our coast. I'm glad you made the best of it.
I was scheduled to hit the surf Monday morning, but after waking up at 4am and realizing how cold and windy it was, I decided that catching fish in my dreams would suffice :LOL: Now I regret not going. Oh well, there's always next time!

Thanks for the report,

Thien

PTN
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Congrats on the Hali!! We were all pretty excited especially since conditions weren't the best. It was great being on the sand with you and Arthur and thank you for all the knowledge you passed on to me :Big Grin: It was definitely cold out there but definitely worth it to be able to fish with SWAT. I want to thank Bones, Wingnut, and Nipple Twister for the great times and showing me the ropes to the surf.

I just had my rod snap on a recent trip the day before we went :Evil: but good thing I'm only minutes away from Shimano and should be another day to receive my rod :Smile: It was fun talking about Arthur as he fish harder and harder after your fish came up and proceeded to fish a couple hours more than he should have :ROFL: Beautiful fish and you deserve it.

-Peter

P.S. Forgot about bachiboy and thanks to him too and was a pleasure fishing with him. Just knew your name was Don and didn't know your FNN name:Embarrassed:.

DockRat
11-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Nice 28"er, good eats too.
DR

PONTOON
11-13-2012, 06:53 PM
John,

I've got to say that you have impressed me with your patience and persistence out on the water. I can remember a couple of days you were pretty frustrated and started to wonder if that induction fish actually existed. But, you kept at it through broken rods and a few other frustrations you kept at it, never an ounce of give up in you. Then the day came poseidon decided to grant you with a gift and it was game on baby!:Cool:

I won't soon forget this day..........
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-05-19%20SWAT%20NT/IMG_0646.jpg

I wish I could have joined you guys out there but I just had to stay home and prep for another endeavor of my own. Probably should have gone fishing but oh well.:Rolls Eyes:
The fish may not have been too cooperative for you guys but still a day on the beach with good friends is better then stayin' home and studying!:Wink:

By the way John, Rule no. 57 in the S.W.A.T. code reads: Never under any circumstances outfish the Commander. :Envious:

flyngby
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Will reply after I bump you down the ladder a few and find time to reply in earnest! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Steve
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif

Mr_Dunev
11-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Playing games with Poseidon huh? hahaha:LOL: Poseidon can get a bit childish sometimes so make sure you let him win once and a while, just don't let him have any of your gear!! I'm glad you stuck to the spot that seemed fishy, in my experience I have a much better luck hitting certain spots REALLY hard. Remember that calico day? I spent my entire morning in 1 spot, cause I knew thats where the fish were. That 'butt looks HUGE, and I can only imagine the excitement coursing through your veins as you fought it in.

Looking down the beach I could see those two working it good fan casting down the beach with an occasional stop for weed removal (no Lucas, not that kind….hehehe). What is this supposed to mean!?!?!

Great job again! Hope to see you soon, hit me up for lunch soon, we'll get some of those AWESOME pastrami sandwhiches!
Lucas

Wingnut
11-14-2012, 06:24 PM
It was fun talking about Arthur as he fish harder and harder after your fish came up and proceeded to fish a couple hours more than he should have :ROFL:
-Peter

Hahahaha... I was determined to kill that Skunk, but it got the best of me. :mad:

Yes, I did miss my flight... Boy, my Boss was pissed, I think he got the Skunk too... :LOL: :Secret: :Envious:

John, what a beautiful Hali... right when you beached it, I said out loud "That's a 28 incher!" Pretty good huh? :Wink:

It was great seeing how excited you were. You totally deserved that fish and I was totally stoked for you. I only wish that Peter would have caught a legal too. :Razz:

Enjoy the bounty and it was great meeting your wife. :Cool:

bones
11-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Boy OH Boy....here we go..... I was waiting for the next chapter in the nipple twisting adventures of John D. Fabio.

Nice report John and a big congrats on the 28" Flattie. I'm sure you had just a little bit of a proud moment on the sand when everyone packed up and you were the one with the bonus fish. You deserve it my friend....everyone does from time to time. I've seen you fishing hard and never giving up. That's SWAT fishing baby!

Keep up the great work out there buddy....I have a small request.....Can you please make your type just a little bit bigger.:ROFL:

I'm going blind brotha:ROFL:

sidified
11-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Yah, John! Gorgeous catch... and it's not the worst thing when Poseidon intervenes and makes it a no-brainer to put those tacos on your plate..

BTW, Dan's weight chart may have your fish coming in at 9.2 lbs., but MY chart comes up with 19 lbs. even....
Sure my calculation model may be a bit unorthodox with all the chicken bones, tea leaves, dowsing wand and whatnot... but which would you rather believe??
And not to dis Dan's methodology.. but he only consults the astrology section in Penny Saver.

Off topic: How about that Cung Le takeout of Rich Franklin!!!! jeesh...

Nipple Twister
11-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Ahhh, the sweet sound of success!:Wink: You gotta love it!:Dancing Banana: That's a heck of a day trek out there but well worth it for 28" of pure love. I'd say that, while most have taken their lumps this year, you've done pretty damned well...from the day we met...literally! :LOL:

Congrats man...so well deserved!!!!:Thumbs Up:
Don

Ahhh, Capt Croaker....or is it Colonal....ohh, nevermind.
Yes it is bit of a haul to that A.O. but is does produce.......thx Don, always fun my friend having your input.......

Fishshep said:
NICE!!! :Big Grin:

Looks like you hung in there taking hits from those

waves and it paid off !!! Congrats. on the Legal :Big Grin:

Thx Fishshep, it was a rough morning but proved worthwhile.......thx

Hi ya NT,
I'll be right back....need to read your report! :ROFL: You know....it's just the way we roll! Ha ha ha!

"Congratulations John"!....... on beaching another quality fish! :Big Smile::Applause:

You've worked hard and long for each and every fish you've landed this year brotha! :Thumbs Up:

I can see by the photos that you and your wife made some delicious tacos for dinner. :Beer Toast: Hmmmmm!

Congratulations again for a well deserved fish my friend! :Cool:
PS.....per my chart....the live weight should have been approx 9.2 lbs....nice fish!

SP Dan <"))><

Thx DanO, thanks for the compliments.......and yup, shes getting these fish recipes down pretty good.....8.8 pounds with just shy of 4lbs of meat.....

frankjz said:
Great looking hali! Tremendous in that chilly water. Excellent report. Thanks for the reflective look over the summer. Really cool. .

Frank, thx buddy for the reply.......enjoyed chattin withn ya HG, hope to meet again soon. Yeah, had to make up for the lack of reports this season by going back and recapping..........thx

Hey Nippletwister,

Sounds like you've been working hard in the surf all year, glad to see that you landed a beautiful catch!
Especially in these conditions! I was tempted to head out this morning but was discouraged by the weather and I had a lot of studying to catch up on.. Woke up to trashcans being blown down my street this morning:Shocked: Great job on sticking it out and landing that 28" halibut! Congrats!
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

P.S. Those rod warranties are lifesavers! I recently broke a rod from Okuma and they sent me a replacement within a week! Great customer service.

Thx Daniel, next time we'll come by and get ya outta bed by banging on your trash cans.....oh, wait, that didn't work did it?????

Good morning John,,

What a day you had yesterday. Somehow my phone was blowing up with all the text messages going around. Must of been a group text, each time someone responded I got a copy. And each time I was kicking myself for not being there.

That's a beautiful fish, one to remember for sure. Good to see you recover from a season of so so fishing. I myself can't say my season was bad at all. It started off slow, but went Epic in late May.

Thanks for writing such a interesting report of your recent adventures. And Congratulations on catching a very nice Halibut.

WWO

Thx Bill, lookin forward to our northern exposition coming soon.......

That's what I'm talking about John!!
When I recieved your first text, it wouldn't open up, so I had to ask Dan what it was and he casually texts back...hali..:Confused:
I finally get a text from Arturo later saying that it was a nice 28"er...:Envious:
You've got some nice fish this year, there hasn't been quantity this year but "Quality" fish.
Thanks for the report Bro,
Robert
<><

p.s. that light blue font is rough on these color blind eyes...:Neutral::LOL:

Thx Robert......that spot was only doable 'cause you showed me how to find it......sweet!
Sorry about the text, wasn't intentional

Nice job landing that 28er! :Smash:
Its pretty tough out there, especially with the conditions that just swung by our coast. I'm glad you made the best of it.
I was scheduled to hit the surf Monday morning, but after waking up at 4am and realizing how cold and windy it was, I decided that catching fish in my dreams would suffice :LOL: Now I regret not going. Oh well, there's always next time!

Thanks for the report,

Thien

Thien, thx for the kind words my friend.....I was jonesing for salt water so I was gonna hit it someplace.....The Commander made my decision for me.........

Congrats on the Hali!! We were all pretty excited especially since conditions weren't the best. It was great being on the sand with you and Arthur and thank you for all the knowledge you passed on to me :Big Grin: It was definitely cold out there but definitely worth it to be able to fish with SWAT. I want to thank Bones, Wingnut, and Nipple Twister for the great times and showing me the ropes to the surf.

I just had my rod snap on a recent trip the day before we went :Evil: but good thing I'm only minutes away from Shimano and should be another day to receive my rod :Smile: It was fun talking about Arthur as he fish harder and harder after your fish came up and proceeded to fish a couple hours more than he should have :ROFL: Beautiful fish and you deserve it.

-Peter

P.S. Forgot about bachiboy and thanks to him too and was a pleasure fishing with him. Just knew your name was Don and didn't know your FNN name:Embarrassed:.

Your are very welcome my friend, any time. I'm sure Arthur will keep you in the loop and we'll hit the surf with ya, always a good time, thx for joining us. Thx for the kind words as well and see you soon.......BTW, Shimano replaced that broken rod no questions.....

Nice 28"er, good eats too.
DR

Thx DR, yeah had tacos, ceviche', grilled some for the boys at work and still got to freeze some.......

Pontoon said:
John,

I've got to say that you have impressed me with your patience and persistence out on the water. I can remember a couple of days you were pretty frustrated and started to wonder if that induction fish actually existed. But, you kept at it through broken rods and a few other frustrations you kept at it, never an ounce of give up in you. Then the day came poseidon decided to grant you with a gift and it was game on baby!:Cool:

I wish I could have joined you guys out there but I just had to stay home and prep for another endeavor of my own. Probably should have gone fishing but oh well.:Rolls Eyes:
The fish may not have been too cooperative for you guys but still a day on the beach with good friends is better then stayin' home and studying!:Wink:

By the way John, Rule no. 57 in the S.W.A.T. code reads: Never under any circumstances outfish the Commander. :Envious:

DAMN, wish I read the rule book sooner, rule #57 got by me...
Yeah, the italian blood gets to boiling pretty easy but luckly I have a very open minded boss who likes to fish so getting some extra time off now and then helps with my presentation percentage......hehehehe, bosses are like diapers though.........
But seriously, if not for the support of S.W.A.T and all the FNNer's it would have never happened, just gotta be a sponge.....pay attention and take it all in, educate yourself and go after it.......all a matter of how bad you want it!
Thx boss, your a gentleman among men.......I know your next endeavor will reward you handsomely (sp?), you will ace it without question my friend for which gold and riches will flood you like you have never seen...........:Thumbs Up:

Will reply after I bump you down the ladder a few and find time to reply in earnest! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Steve
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif

:whistle:

Looking down the beach I could see those two working it good fan casting down the beach with an occasional stop for weed removal (no Lucas, not that kind….hehehe). What is this supposed to mean!?!?!

Great job again! Hope to see you soon, hit me up for lunch soon, we'll get some of those AWESOME pastrami sandwhiches!
Lucas

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :ROFL: hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha ha ha ..........sorry Lucas, was just typing away and when I got to that point your name just hit me, just kidding, sorry but was funny in my head.......

Thx for the comments and reading my post, we need to get ya out there more my friend. That morning for that bass was epic no doubt, milestone.......yup, we'll do that famous deli soon my friend, very soon........

Wingnut wrote:
Hahahaha... I was determined to kill that Skunk, but it got the best of me. :mad:

Yes, I did miss my flight... Boy, my Boss was pissed, I think he got the Skunk too... :LOL: :Secret: :Envious:

John, what a beautiful Hali... right when you beached it, I said out loud "That's a 28 incher!" Pretty good huh? :Wink:

It was great seeing how excited you were. You totally deserved that fish and I was totally stoked for you. I only wish that Peter would have caught a legal too. :Razz:

Enjoy the bounty and it was great meeting your wife. :Cool:

Yes determined, but it's your "lead by example" that also complels others to bring themselves up to their A-game........you have a way of bringing that out in people.
Sorry about your flight and having to work for such a a hole boss but that A.O. is worth it big time huh? Show me who he is and I'll send one of my boys over to have a chat with him.....
Well, was it McArthur that said "I shall return"? I bet you already have plans for a make-up day.....
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/781186E8-3065-4271-A04F-03CAC67E07C0-5233-000010E64B4739C7.jpg
...you called it right, nailed it start to finish Arthur, picked the A.O., set the pace and called the fish before it even hit the sand.........thanks for the ride.........always a pleasure......Sir :Wink:

PS. the wife was happy to put a face to the name she has been hearing about, thx...

Bones said:
Boy OH Boy....here we go..... I was waiting for the next chapter in the nipple twisting adventures of John D. Fabio.

Hahahahahahaha....:ROFL:...too damn funny, and what does the "D" stand for? hahahahahahaha LMFAO!

Thanks Mike, was a great morning.........as cool as it is to fish with a group of buddies this was a perfect day with Peter and Arthur.....although Arthur may disagree :Embarrassed::LOL: (oh man, am I in for it now!)
Sorry for the text......will do.......

Sid wrote:
Yah, John! Gorgeous catch... and it's not the worst thing when Poseidon intervenes and makes it a no-brainer to put those tacos on your plate..

Sid thank you, I do enjoy a no brainer............but not like Le to Franklin.........lol, too funny.......thx Sid.......

Frank said:
John, thats a beauty of a fish!
Seems like the structure at that AO is gone for the most part.

Thx Frank. Yes, it was a different place for sure and with the deep water we had made it hard to reconize the place so I went with what land marks I did know and work those spots.......worked huh? sweet.......
Thanks for posting and another big Thank You for all the cool HG pics........see you on the sand......

iLLest
11-16-2012, 12:47 PM
But you managed to land a very nice hali, great job bro.
I was out there on Wednesday, nothing but a perch fest. 11 perch with the biggest at 12" and 3 YFC
It wasnt exactly what I was looking for but it kept me entertained throughout the day.
See you on the sand bro, keep up the good work.

skunked4life
11-16-2012, 01:42 PM
What a beast! Judging by the pic of you being hit by the waves, it doesn't look like that was an easy catch! Very nice!

bbqsushi
11-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Sweet fish John!!! The hard work and enduring the c-c-c-cold sure paid off. Them fish taco's looked DELISH!!! You have inspired me to go make some fish tacos of my own. (just as soon as I pull in a legal flatty, that is...)

Like you said, tight lines!!

Best,
Nate

jinbow
11-16-2012, 09:46 PM
That looked like a 30+ hali to me... wow......
Nice catch and great report...Thanks NT.

blackwater
11-17-2012, 02:20 PM
That flatty looks bigger than 28". :Smile:
Nice fish John. I can tell you that the Commander was genuinely happy for you on that catch. He called me the day after telling me seeing you catch that fish put a big smile on his face. It motivated him to fish harder and longer. He lost track of time and went a couple of hours over his schedule and missed his flight out of town. But he said that it was worth it, yeah right. :LOL: I agree with Arthur, his boss is a jerk and he can't fish either. :ROFL:
Those fish tacos looks delicious, congrats on a really nice legal. From what I heard, those are hard to come by lately. :Wink:

Nipple Twister
11-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Frank wrote:
But you managed to land a very nice hali, great job bro.
I was out there on Wednesday, nothing but a perch fest. 11 perch with the biggest at 12" and 3 YFC
It wasnt exactly what I was looking for but it kept me entertained throughout the day.
See you on the sand bro, keep up the good work.

Thanks Frank, that place keeps me on my toes, just when I think I have learned the structure it changes and trying to read the conditions to time the assult has me baffled so I just keep hittin it and go with dumb luck....hahahaha:ROFL:

Nipple Twister
11-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Nate wrote:
Sweet fish John!!!

NATTTTTTTE! Whats up buddy?, Thanks for the kind words my friend.........
Talk about a "whoops, excuse me" kinda day huh? hahahahhahaa......:ROFL:

Nipple Twister
11-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Jinbow writes:
That looked like a 30+ hali to me...

Yeahhh, I like your tape measure better......Arthur? update that leaderboard.......
:ROFL:
Thx buddy, was an epic day ..........

Nipple Twister
11-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Phuong writes:
I can tell you that the Commander was genuinely happy for you on that catch. He called me the day after telling me seeing you catch that fish put a big smile on his face. It motivated him to fish harder and longer.

Thanks Phuong, there wasn't a lot of beach to work with and landing that fish had us dancing around the rocks, was hard to tell who was more excited me or Arthur........lol, good times.
Like I said, he and all the fellow S.W.A.T members are true motivators by showing their drive and love of the sport and the outdoors........thx for reading my report and the kind words.....:Thumbs Up: