PDA

View Full Version : What kind of waders do you use/recommend

Surfnsnowboard3
11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
So my waders are leaking pretty bad and I need a new pair. Any recommendations? I'm cheap, so price does matter.

Thanks

Viejo
11-12-2012, 06:33 PM
You get what you pay for. Google cheap waders.

bassfishing24/7
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Pay the extra $ for neoprene...especially if ur tubing in the winter time....2 or 3 less trips to corona or irvine should cover the price for a decent pair of neoprenes...

phishin phool
11-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I bought a pair of Caddis breathable waders @ sport chalet before summer and they have been great. I think it was their top of the line and cost me bout $130. Nothin fancy but made well and get the job done. They have cheaper models too. I'll probably use them this winter season too. You can get some neoprenes at Turners for about the same price. I tried expensive waders once(Simms) and found them to be not worth the money, they lasted 2 seasons and started falling apart. My Hodgeman neoprenes have been going strong for 5 seasons and they cost bout $150. But they are looking pretty ugly now, but don't leak so whatever:);

.:LOLLY:.
11-13-2012, 07:31 AM
I would go with breathable waders if you like to wear waders year round. Neoprene waders are nice to have in cold weather but become a pain in the butt on warmer days. Breathable waders are baggy enough so you can add extra layers on clothing for the colder days.

I am currently using Hodgman breathable waders year round and haven't had a problem with them yet. I've had them for a couple years now and still no leaks.

fishmounter
11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
The kind with the water proof zippered fly! (JK!) I don't think they make this yet, but wouldn't it be nice when you have to take a leak, just to pull down a zipper and go? I hate wearing waders for this reason. And when you are cold, seems like you have to go more often. Especially after downing a large hot coffee on the drive out to the lake!