PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day Tournament 11/10-11

Prowler_Tuber
11-12-2012, 09:05 AM
First Id like to thank all the Veterans and active duty, this is what the weekend was all about. Id like to thank the Vine for everything they do for the Veterans. Well here we go, I got to the Vine Friday night at 2200 (10pm) to be only a few cars back in line. It was 46 degrees and there was no wind which is always awesome. Woke up and turned on AM 830 to listen to a little Fishing Radio, I was able to call in and win a Pass to Marina Del Rey! Went inside and talked to the guys got me a burrito some coffee. Got inside around 0620 launched around 0640ish and I was off and hunting. The water temps was from 63 degrees to 65.5 at around noon. I marked fish from 1' all the way to 19'. I was taking fish all over the lake. The Bass loved the Flicker Shad back in the flats. Ended up with a nice limit of fish and it was first day. Lots of big fish were taken in boat dock cove but they will move out soon, hopefully they will start stocking on the back of Trout Island so they can spread out (HINT HINT). I got my camping pass and meet up with Bob (Bebop) and Phil. Later that evening some girl who had way too much to drink started flipping out on some other girl (CAT FIGHT) it was a nice show which helped pass the time. I woke up at 0430 to find my truck and Kayak covered in frost (Great Sign). I was in the water at 0600 and it was back to fishing, the surface water temp was 62.5 degrees they were jumping all over the place. I switched up to a larger trolling bait but the little guys kept coming, it wasnt until I was coming back in a got a decent one on the Rainbow Trout pattern which was 4.6 good enough for 10th place but no masters bid. I see good things coming this year and will stay positive. It was good seeing everyone and I hope the fishing stays like this, good quality fish that fight hard. I would like to give a big shout of to Bob at BB Custom rods, he wrapped the Seeker 702, 7' trout rod blanks and they are just awesome. They handle great, I put my M-16 Camo Wrap on the handles for the tourney but i think Ill leave it on cause its pretty damn comfortable. I made a video of both days, the battery died on the second day but I hope you enjoy. Hooya to all my brothers and sisters here on FNN and a Happy237th Birthday to all the Devil Dogs out there, Semper Fi. Enjoy!!!

http://youtu.be/80v5QyCfuMM

VineVideos
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Great vid! and thanks for the cap yesterday !

Rooster
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Lots of big fish were taken in boat dock cove but they will move out soon, hopefully they will start stocking on the back of Trout Island so they can spread out (HINT HINT).
Great report bro, Im hopeing they start stocking elsewhere as well. I wanted to grab a scooby snack mid day but didnt even want to attempt going through that boat jam.

Looked like a bumper boat carnival :Shocked: Spread the love IRVINE!

Prowler_Tuber
11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Great report bro, Im hopeing they start stocking elsewhere as well. I wanted to grab a scooby snack mid day but didnt even want to attempt going through that boat jam.

Looked like a bumper boat carnival :Shocked: Spread the love IRVINE!

Yeah idiots were going to damn fast also cutting up lines

BRING IT
11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Like I said, Let the Urban CAHOS Begain.:Beat Stick: All 3 Bite-On Boyz hit the Podium:Beer Toast:
Have Fun/Fish Hard
BRING IT:Guns:

Poxy Boggards
11-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Nice video Diego! Congrats on the buzzer money fish! I was hoping for one of those on Saturday.

Prowler_Tuber
11-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Nice video Diego! Congrats on the buzzer money fish! I was hoping for one of those on Saturday.

Thanks Wes, I can't wait for those fish to move out of the cove, hopefully they will stock behind the island so they can spread out and it won't be so jammed up front, see you on Sat it should be fun.

fishfnatic
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Nice video. Congrats on the money fish.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the fish stayed in boat dock... not a very far kick from a float tube >.>

5150fishn
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Nice job Diego! You are just slaying them so far this season. Too much going on this month but I will be back on the water soon bro.