PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Valley Lake

sky
11-12-2012, 01:47 AM
info outdated

carpanglerdude
11-12-2012, 07:25 AM
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/1920x1280/8684043.jpg

It's a fairly ugly lake :Big Grin: jk jk. It has its moments.

Surfer
11-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I finally made it to Diamond Valley Lake. I missed the turnoff and had to turn around and drive back.

The wind was blowing so hard, it almost blew me over taking a photo.- - and that's no lie.

You need to get an inspection sticker before you can launch for quagga mussels which I didn't have.

There wasn't much in the way of scenery or picnic area, or shade. Shoreline was rocky and steep.

Not really my kind of place.

Bummer. That's quite a drive from Lomita. There's always Harbor Park or Alondra Park!! LOL

Dsrt Tortise
11-12-2012, 02:41 PM
It;s a beautiful looking fishing lake to me. What do you want in a Southern Cal Res.??? DT :Fishing Catch::Fishing Hole::Big Smile:

Matt_Magnone
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I finally made it to Diamond Valley Lake. I missed the turnoff and had to turn around and drive back.

The wind was blowing so hard, it almost blew me over taking a photo.- - and that's no lie.

You need to get an inspection sticker before you can launch for quagga mussels which I didn't have.

There wasn't much in the way of scenery or picnic area, or shade. Shoreline was rocky and steep.

Not really my kind of place.

damn i remember when that lake was that low a few years back. in my opinion that lake fished the best. last time i was over it i metered a good amount of stripers. where'd you snag that picture from?

carpanglerdude
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
damn i remember when that lake was that low a few years back. in my opinion that lake fished the best. last time i was over it i metered a good amount of stripers. where'd you snag that picture from?

I think it's from here:
http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com/Diamond_Valley_Lake.html

Troutman65
11-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Hello Sky , it's been a long time no post on FNN . Glad to see a post . Happy Holidays to you

HawgZWylde
11-13-2012, 11:12 AM

Haha, I know right? If you were to walk about 100ft from the tip of the point up, not including the island, I stuck a largie t-rigging a creature in about 20ft of water there 2 weeks ago. And look at how far the Euc tree's are hi and dry across the lake. I bet if you were able to zoom that pic, you could see the small retainer wall dry too...