PDA

View Full Version : G88888 day

lostfisherman
11-11-2012, 09:06 PM
after a long layoff from fishing decided to hit the surf, condition was perfect low tide. i actually saw 20 to 30 leopard sharks water was bubbling with those thing, too bad for me i only had 8 pound test and as soon as i hooked them on they took off breaking my line and hopes. i got about 40 perches, all sizes biggest one was over 13 inches and pretty heavy.:Nut Kick::Slap::BabbleFish:3783237831

SP Dan
11-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi ya lostfisherman,

Forty BSP in one session is definitely a GR888888 Day indeed! :Thumbs Up:
I believe that my best Perch session was approx 27, and that was at the HG-3 last year when I was in the derby. :Smile:

Thanx for the fish report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

DockRat
11-12-2012, 06:22 AM
That is a lot of perch.
:Death2Above: Go back and do some CPR Leopard fishing, better fight than a BSP.
DR

Leo on 8 lb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VHvjweVZI

dlmoo312
11-12-2012, 09:48 PM
That's a lot of perch, congrats!
Those leopard sharks are pure muscle and really do put up a great fight.
Were the leo's hitting the crack worms?
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

bachiboy
11-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Sounds like you had a great day out there! Congrats on the perch slayage...capped off with a really nice pig there!:Wink:

Don

lostfisherman
11-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

yes they were i guess they were hitting any thing and every thing in the water i could have put corn at the end of my hook and i bet they would have gone for it

TUNAVIC
11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Geeezz thats alot of perch,WTG that was an awesome way to spend the morning,also must of been pretty cool to see all those Leopards.

Cya Tuna Vic

bloox8
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Damn man. Thats a lot of perch lol. You should go back with 1lb test with a super light set up and just play around (assuming you don't want a leopard) :LOL:

Great job,

Thien

lostfisherman
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

Daniel man you gotta show me how to check some halibuts

PTN
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Great job out there. 40 perches is a great day and catching those leopards are a task but definitely a nice change of pace if you can stop one :Smile:

-Peter

dlmoo312
11-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Daniel man you gotta show me how to check some halibuts

Hey lostfisherman,

Everything I know about surf fishing for halibut, I learned from this site and the members on it. The two stickies on this forum by bsp and fisherman57 are definitely articles I suggest you read if you have not already, and you can gain a lot of info from reading the various fishing reports on here. They are what got me started on fishing for surf halibut:Smile: I first started surf fishing for halibut after the HG3 event last year so I am relatively new to it and am still learning a great deal on every outing. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and i'll do my best to try and guide you in the right direction:Big Grin:

-Daniel