PDA

View Full Version : Trout Noob's First Tubing Session 11/11/12

Carptain_Bao
11-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Got to the lake at 6:30, there was somewhat a long line...waited 15 mins to get. Took me a while to get ready...inflated my greyhound,put up rod holders,put on waders...after i got everything done, closed my car door, then BAM where are my keys? Well, I locked myself out of my truck, but I gotta go fishing!

Got on the water around 7:30, met up with John and also met Aaron the killa fish taco. Had my first bite within 10 mins, landed a tiny stocker on Berkeley Mice Tail. Then i moved around tossing jigs and spoons but had no luck. I drifted down close to the rental dock, had a trout took the powerbait and somehow he jumped outta the water before i could even set the hook. Tried different places with no luck, I was throwing different jigs, cranks, and spoons...

Then while Aaron was going to weigh in his big fish an he told me to fish deeper water, moved closer to the west shore, had another stocker on my pb. Then right after that i cast out drop shot power worm, had something right away but it felt more like some weed, then it started to take off, thought i hooked up a nice trout but ended up with a 1.5 lb bass on the other end of my line.
http://i50.tinypic.com/20koviu.jpg

Overall it is a slow day for a noob but I feel satisfied. Had lots of fun. Big Thank You to all the friends who shared tips with me: Travis ThisFool, Dyno Dan, Mark HT! Also thank Aaron for the pointers and btw nice catches dude! Nice to talk to Kevin. At last my friend John who called AAA to help me unlock my truck LMAO

Will be back...Soon!

Bao

Hometown
11-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Glad you got on some fish and got your key's out of the truck for a smooth ride home

troutdog
11-11-2012, 08:44 PM
WTG Bao, hope to see you at the lake next weekend!

TD

Carptain_Bao
11-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Glad you got on some fish and got your key's out of the truck for a smooth ride home

The ride was the most crucial part of the day haha

Carptain_Bao
11-11-2012, 08:57 PM
WTG Bao, hope to see you at the lake next weekend!

TD
Thanks Aaron, bummer I missed you on the lake today! Glad to hear you caught some quality fish.
Unfortunately I can't make it next weekend, but i will be there sometime during the Thanksgiving week, good luck buddy!

Thisfool
11-11-2012, 09:29 PM
good job on geting some fish. sounds like you had a good day, did you try the night crawlers, some times i dont use them but i always buy them

Carptain_Bao
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
good job on geting some fish. sounds like you had a good day, did you try the night crawlers, some times i dont use them but i always buy them

i dont how stupid I am but sure enough I was stupid enough to bring a box of crawlers but somehow forgot to take it with me on my tube...

fishfnatic
11-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the report Bao. It was nice seeing you again. We gotta get out on the tube together. Let me know the next time you plan on heading out to Irvine.

5150fishn
11-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Bummer about the keys but at least you got on some fish! Thanks for the report!