PDA

View Full Version : Need South Legg Lake pointers

Surfer
11-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Every time I visit Legg I'm always amazed not only by how large it is but also how tough it can be. Anyway, I've been here a few times and usually go straight to the middle lake where I've had some success. I wanna try the largest lake but don't know where to start since its so huge. I'm targeting bass of course. Any areas in the south lake that anyone can suggest? What are some high percentage bassy areas in the south lake? Thanks in advance for any help.

bassfishing24/7
11-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Legg can be tough at times,especially the south lake.I usually don't fish it too often,but one tip I can give u is to try working anywhere u see structure.....it can be hit or miss but that's my tip for u!! Good luck.

FishinElectrician
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I saw a nice Bass crash a school of small goldfish in the south lake once, where that little stream enters it, but that was a few years back.

I tried fishing it a couple weekends ago, but those little rc boats were kind of annoying.

Thisfool
11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Every time I visit Legg I'm always amazed not only by how large it is but also how tough it can be. Anyway, I've been here a few times and usually go straight to the middle lake where I've had some success. I wanna try the largest lake but don't know where to start since its so huge. I'm targeting bass of course. Any areas in the south lake that anyone can suggest? What are some high percentage bassy areas in the south lake? Thanks in advance for any help.

try drop shot worked kinda slow,

try the west side of the south lake and all around the trees and bushes on the east side,

also try near the bridge between the middle lake and south lake

TUNAVIC
11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I've done ok in the south lake with dark colored senkos,junebug,green,ect all flylined.
Also this time of year is tuff,during the right time of year the LMBs can be caught,texas,carolina,dropshot.ect,they only allow the rc boats in one area,and as you said it's a big lake with alot of shoreline.
I do best there late feb-may,but some still scratch out bass year round.Just keep casting and you'll get em.

Cya Tuna Vic

Ifishtoolittle
11-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Try a chartruse Square bill crank or a rattle trap. I've gotten a hit before, but the damn thing threw in a few head shakes and pop!

smokinflies
11-15-2012, 11:16 AM
There's really no "goto spot" on south lake. I've pulled out bass all around the south lake. my start off place is usually decided by what parking lot i'm park at and/or where i last caught. texas rigging large plastics worked for me during my last few visits.

jsmith91725
11-27-2012, 12:32 PM
well the south lake at legg has tons of trash barrels in the water
there scattered all around the lake

2 in front of the green dinosaur
2 at the bubble hole
atleast 4 off the point to the left of the little pier etc
i cant tell u where they all are but i find them with a hummingbird portable depth finder
there are tons of them in that lake
just watch where other bass fisherman are fishing and if it looks like a strange spot with no visible structure throw a texas rigged plastic and feel for the can and once you"ve found it dropshot the hell out of it and thats usually a good year round fishery..

most of them are about 15 feet off shore
some even further..
but if anyone has a hummingbird portable i suggest you scout that lake and you will be very surprised by what u find :)
tight lines and good luck