PDA

View Full Version : 4 stroke, 7.5 hp Bitchen 12 ft RESTORED NICE Valco Boat

Karyn
11-10-2012, 10:12 AM
7.5 hp Honda- 4 stroke with completely restored 12 foot Valco-No trailer- $1200 firm. Cup holders, rod holders, comfie big butt seats, new paint and carpeted seats...

I HATE to sell her- a ton of hard work went into the restore- but I got a bigger boat... No room for two boats.

My loss is your gain.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u369/livesimple-simplylive/Valco%20Restore/9acfe800.jpg
http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u369/livesimple-simplylive/Valco%20Restore/ca42c668.jpg

Cash only. PM me if interested

Karyn
11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Sold........

drifter023
11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
That was a nice boat followed all the work you did on it. What did you get now glad you sold it.

Karyn
11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
That was a nice boat followed all the work you did on it. What did you get now glad you sold it.

Drifter- thanks for the nice compliment. Yes, it was a ton of work, my fingers were raw and cut up- but it was fun to make it the way I wanted it.

I ended up getting a 12 foot Western, with a 4 stroke, 15 hp, push the button to start it kinda motor. I am planning on doing the same exact plan on the Western- I have a Toy Hauler trailer (we put the dune buggies and quads in it for Glamis) and anything larger (than 12 feet) would not fit. The newer boat is 8 inches wider than the Valco, and was used in Oregon for crabbing. I LOVE my Valco : ( but the couple who bought it will have some good times in it, I am sure. Playin' it forward. I am confident I will love this boat just as much, and the push start engine even more : ) Life is good! And, it's paid for... Even better!

Let the build begin! Stripper- have it. Paint- bought. Carpet- on it's way. Screws, bolts, hex nuts, washers- and other fasteners - got em. Big butt seats- on order. Now that I know how to use the power tool, And if the weather is good, I give it three weeks- tops.
Oh! I need to get lights. Any suggestions?

sweetfish
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
If you want to make it look really jazzy, check out the website from Blue Water Led. They have neat products, but it is a little pricey. I plan on putting a red and green strip on the front for my navigational lights, some deck lights, and lights for the front and back batteries on my boat this winter.

www.bluewaterled.com

Karyn
11-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for your ideas and help. I'll check it out. Today they picked up ol' Val. I know the guy who bought it will really have a great time and appreciates the work. So, I didn't feel that bad. Starting on the new one this weekend. Should be fun : )

Sublime-Steve
11-18-2012, 07:53 AM
did u sell it with the beers? :-)

Karyn
11-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Those were LONG gone, but we cracked open a few Blue Moon Winter ale. Love it!

Hey, I know how to get the new one on the JK, back up, put it in the water, and put it back on the trailer :) I'm going to practice a bit this weekend!but, I'm feeling pretty confident. Just gotta clean the new one up a bit. Over winter break, she will come to LIFE and be transformed! Love it!!!

Which Way Out
11-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Here we go again...............:Cool:

Karyn, if its haft as nice as the first one you did, you will never sell it.
Be sure to post lots of pic's as you progress.

Btw whatever happen to the VW?

WWO

Karyn
11-21-2012, 09:31 AM
My son decided to sell it... Sold in 2 days, he made some money on it... Now he's fixing a '59 for a customer. That kid keeps busy! All his work comes to him, no advertising. Word of mouth from happy customers.