PDA

View Full Version : Native gal loves to fish

Native Gal
08-29-2007, 11:37 PM
:D As a sports enthusiast and nature lover I fell in love with fishing during my elementary school years. To this day my mom always jokes about me having 5 brothers, no sisters, and being the most avid fisher of the family. I thank her for allowing me to store my nightcrawlers in the fridge. For over 30 years now I have been fishing, mostly for trout in the High Sierras, my favorite area, and Big Bear. I lived in the high desert and over the years during H.S. and beyond I fished all the local lakes. My fishing knowledge increased and whenever I went out of town I tried to fish different lakes and for different species. I fished numerous small lakes on the reservations in Arizona and New Mexico. When first out of H.S. and in College in Provo, Utah I had many fun fishing trips in the state of Utah, Colorado and Idaho. About 8 years ago I was able to go back to college at C.S.U. San Berdo when I moved to Victorville. Of course on off days I would fish Hesperia Lake mostly during the winter months, when it cost only $5, usually catching my limit in a short amount of time, while the men watched in wonder. I always loved to read the fishing reports in the San Berdo Sun and have subscribed to numerous fishing magazines for knowledge on how to be a success at fishing. I love to read and this helped pay off producing more catches. Also, being one of only few women to fish at most lakes, the older gentlemen were always quick to voluntarily tell me where the hotspots were and what bait to use, with out me asking. I would just smile and say thank-you as if I did not have a clue. Although one secret bait tip over the years has greatly increased my trout fishing success, I still give thanks to the elder gentlemen when I have success. So that is my quick back ground into my love for fishing and now with the success of the Internet and great fishing sites and ease of posting I decided to share my fishing adventures with my husband and find a forum to post on. I have enjoyed reading the posts, freshwater and saltwater from everyone. When I need to wind down for the day or get my spirits up I go to the website. Now that I live in Riverside County and have recovered from several inuries over the last 2 1/2 years, downtime when I could not even fish, I am back at fishing and have been introduced to Saltwater fishing by my Nephew Joe who lives in Vista. I am now in love with Saltwater fishing and look forward to many new trips, with different fish to be caught. So indeed tight lines and most importantly fun times with friends and family to all. Thanks for sharing your fishing adventures and am looking forward to future posts.

one_leg
09-18-2007, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the FN message boards.

One_Leg

Fisher-of-Men
09-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Glad you found us Native Gal! Welcome to FNN! :D

Fisher-of-Men

Wingnut
09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Welcome, enjoy!

Troutman65
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
That has to be the greatest intro I have ever read on FN.

Welcome

Troutman65

Ronira
09-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Nicely done mleegal, looking forward to your reports. If your introduction is an indication their going to be great. Peace Ron

saintarv
09-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Welcome!

crivera175
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
welcome

Native Gal
09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Sorry there have been so many initial posts. This was my original one and I was a lil peeved when I tried to submit it and it got lost. It looks like I have several thanks to the crazy server problems. Well once again thanks for the welcome all and I am looking forward to ordering my team 57 shirts for my husband and I and being a part of the fishing crew. I love posting our outings and reading others. Thanks for the great welcome. FUTURE TIGHT LINE CREW MEMBER :wink: :D

CASTAWAY
10-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of FNN............

Fisherman57
10-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the board!