PDA

View Full Version : Shimano service Irvine

Stick-N-em
11-10-2012, 07:36 AM
I recently took two of my reels to Shimano in Irvine . They called me back about 2 weeks later saying it was done when I got home Calcutta 200 have the wrong gear installed they said they knew the problem so bring it back so I did just for them to I think they fixed it and not really fix it do they not testes things before they getting back to the customer so I gave it back again and they called me 2 days later fixed which it was not it still have the same problem so after about the fourth time I finally got my real back and it was overloaded with grease and still had a bearing that was crunchy oh yeah and the guys are rude you think you spend 1000 dollars on Shimano reels and it would help you out no not the case I ask because I've been back for times if they would clean another 1 for me and they said no thx

cutbait
11-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles...

I for one have had 100% success with the service.. (4 times)

I bet had you demanded a new reel they would have given you one with all the drama your going through

murrieta angler
11-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I agree with cutbait.
When they took 2 weeks to take care of my Saros, 2500 and 4000, they just ended up giving me 2 brand new reels.
If you are cool with them, they are usually cool back.
If they were rude, well then you should have asked for their supervisor.
Robert
<><

jaggerbub
11-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Took in my 2500 sustain last season. Had a slightly bent bail wire. They fixed it and sent it back to me in about a week. They seemed pretty helpful when i was there. I also got a replacement loomis dsr rod from an accidental break and they took care of that as well. I haven't had an issue with them yet...

Stick-N-em
11-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I was nothing but polite and patient it just seem like the guy did not want to be there I asked nicely for them to service 1 of my reels but no luck.

Troutman65
11-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Always been treated good .

peanutbutter
11-10-2012, 07:57 PM
x2 shimano is a great company

Breaking Bass
11-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Sucks to hear about the bad experience. I haven't personally dealt with them yet but I've heard nothing but awesomeness about their CS. I'll be paying them a little visit soon. I have a Curado 50e that needs to be serviced and a rod that need replacing and after reading your experience I'm really hoping all will go well.

DarkShadow
11-12-2012, 02:31 PM
I had the same experience, but they did ultimately help me out.

I had a Core100 that I had recently bought that after 2 outings, I realized had ZERO drag pressure. I opened it up to verify the small things that I could, and I ended up sending it back. 2 weeks later, they sent it back. I check it, and low and behold, it seems it wasn't even looked at. The exact same problem was there.

After yelling at them nicely, and bringing up the same thought the original poster brought up ("Did you even test it? Zero drag pressure is a fairly simple problem to confirm is fixed or not."), they eventually just sent a brand new one.

Great customer service, but I wonder how many times this happens when instead of fixing it, they'd rather just give you a new one. I'm hoping that the price of the reel doesn't take this process into consideration, because I'd hate to know that prices are higher because of the fact they'd rather send out a new reel, than investigate a problem correctly.

exfactor
11-12-2012, 02:42 PM
reel repair is tricky business, I know, cause i fix em. With Shimano's, they are going to try to fix em first, if they can't fix em, they try to comp you something back. I can fix Shimano's, but due to there being literally thousands of parts involved, i refer people to their service department. On spinning reels, after going through about 20 in my life now, have determined that a new one is alot easier then trying to fix the old one. My .02