PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 11-9

kingfish2
11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Went to the wood this am cold and a little bit of rain falling. Was kinda excited reading the post about the good striper action. Threw a white spook for nothing also threw a large z plug in trout patter and got the same skunk. Maybe I'm doing something wrong saw a couple fish in people's hands but never saw people catching. Maybe I missed the bite. Gunna try to head back for an afternoon session sat or Sunday. Any tips are apreciated

Jmac
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm thinking that the bight might have slowed today and tomorrow with the stormy weather and come sunday I end up with arthritis from bringing so many damn big ones to the shore. These next two nights should really help with cooling the water down as well.

Airona124
11-09-2012, 11:38 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/airona124/deadd.jpg
little bass in open water there dont have a chace!! lake had a massive draw down bite was goood!

carpanglerdude
11-10-2012, 08:20 AM
little bass in open water there dont have a chace!! lake had a massive draw down bite was goood!

Wow, great photo! Thanks for posting that!

GhettoBasster
11-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the autopsy photo! This past summer, a friend and I were catching stripers there we saw a huge boil not more than 10 feet from the water's edge. About 15 seconds later, a stunned baby bass floated up. Those stripeys are vicious top predators. By the way, that same friend was cleaning one of his stripers and found what looked like the remains of a yellow perch. Does anyone know if there are yellow perch in Silverwood?

Airona124
11-10-2012, 10:25 AM
ghetto^^^ i want to say those perch are delta perch coming in through the duct yes correct me if i wrong

drifter023
11-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Ya you can see hundreds of those I think they call them Delta black perch not sure thu about the name, in the hesperia duct. at times.

ghetto fisherman
11-10-2012, 01:16 PM
nice post mr airona 124 !!! thats why thay like my popper in open water lol ....it looks like those we need to go real sooooon bro and thow ower pluges in the wind,

Jig-Guy
11-10-2012, 03:46 PM
X2, I have seen lots of these fish in the duct between Cottonwood Ave. Hesperia & Lake Silverwood in the duct.

Ya you can see hundreds of those I think they call them Delta black perch not sure thu about the name, in the hesperia duct. at times.

seal
11-12-2012, 11:21 PM

Nice to meet you out there. Depending on where you get the stripers seems whether or not they are loaded with baby LMB's or shad.

seal
11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Tule perch also.

drifter023
11-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Tule perch also.

Thats the name I heard people call them old brain does not compute to well these days...:Wink:

Airona124
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
same to you seal did u get the big girl show up

seal
11-15-2012, 07:12 AM
same to you seal did u get the big girl show up

Nope but it won't stop me from continuing on the hunt!

By the way the bite crashed since the weekend, baby LMB's and shad have moved off the shoreline and the activity level has dropped dramatically, possibly water temp, barometer, moon phase or hell I got no freak'n idea! Weird how quickly it changed cause I've tried all the areas that I'd been fishing days prior and the same conditions seem to exist, although I'm still seeing bait dimpling in deeper water, think the stripers are trying to digest all the food they've eaten recently, hee hee.

TroutOnly
11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
theres lmb frys everywhere around the launch ramp,,stripey likes them, just like the threadfins there gorging on right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

seal
11-15-2012, 07:33 AM
theres lmb frys everywhere around the launch ramp,,stripey likes them, just like the threadfins there gorging on right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

Cleghorn was thick with them on the shoreline and the stripers were crashing on them early and late, all belly's full with very few shad, now little guys are gone off the shoreline over there and other areas, guess they still like the marina area. Poor LMB's got no chance but in the Spring the LMB's were sucking up striper fry over by the launchramp like crazy, revenge is sweet!

Backside of the lake has way more shad, you've probably found them in open water in other parts also, I just haven't been out on the lake for a while need to get back in the yak and get off the shoreline, it's getting crowded I like elbow room.

bassgrabber1
11-15-2012, 08:47 AM
ghetto^^^ i want to say those perch are delta perch coming in through the duct yes correct me if i wrong

They are actually Log Perch and we have also shocked them up at Perris when we do fish surveys.

GhettoBasster
11-18-2012, 04:55 PM
They are actually Log Perch and we have also shocked them up at Perris when we do fish surveys.

Thanks Bassgrabber. I just found a website that lists the bigscale logperch as an inhabitant of the Mojave River and Silverwood. The coloration and markings match the fish my friend found inside his striper.

drifter023
11-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Can you use them for live bait?

GhettoBasster
11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Can you use them for live bait?

I'm pretty sure they cannot be used because of the following DFG baitfish regulations for inland waters:

4.10. BAIT FISH USE IN THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT.
Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:

(a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
(b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
(c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

BTW, my after finding the perch in the stomach of his striper, my friend bought an LC SK Jerk crankbait in the yellow perch pattern from BPS and has been doing really well on the Silverwood shore stripers with it.

drifter023
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Ghetto, Thanks I did not think so but had to ask cause you can get a bunch of them in the duct here. Thanks for the reply....