PDA

View Full Version : Tubular report 11/8/12

FKNChristopH
11-08-2012, 11:25 PM
I got skunked.

That is all.

Just kidding, no but seriously, i got skunked. I lost one trout and a nicer model bass on a mini-jig which ended up snapping my rod lol. She made a deep run right beneath me and I wasnt ready for it.. Snapped the rod I just wrapped. Fished boat dock cove, fished the whole west shore, and back. In the water at 0830, off the water at 1540. I threw mini-jigs in white, and firetiger (trout king), trout worms on a drop shot in orange and chartreuse, silver cast masters, firetiger CD03 rapala, and a mice tail. The only two bites I got happened to be a white mini jig with a chartreuse worm tail (trout) and the bass ate the firetiger minijig.

Long day, I kicked a long way. I got out of the water to walk back to boat dock cove since the wind was up. Went back down the west shore, then kicked back. Im beat. Still better than working. Met some guy I think Marty? who gave me water. Thanks again! I forgot my spare liter. Feels good to be back in the tube. I'll try to be out there saturday.

*shakaa*

Carptain_Bao
11-08-2012, 11:42 PM
sucks to hear about the skunk dude. better luck next time!

fishfnatic
11-09-2012, 04:37 AM
As the founder of Team Skunk I would like to extend, to you, a membership invite. Despite what anyone says we are an elite minority at Irvine. Pending your acceptance, the team will consists of two people. You and me lol.

On a serious note, sorry to hear about your rod :/. I am sure you will get back into the groove of slaying the bows. It's been a long off season and the lake has changed. At least those are my excuses for my skunk :).

FKNChristopH
11-09-2012, 08:05 AM
As the founder of Team Skunk I would like to extend, to you, a membership invite. Despite what anyone says we are an elite minority at Irvine. Pending your acceptance, the team will consists of two people. You and me lol.

On a serious note, sorry to hear about your rod :/. I am sure you will get back into the groove of slaying the bows. It's been a long off season and the lake has changed. At least those are my excuses for my skunk :).

Fishfnatic! Dude, how have you been. did you get your tube fixed? Its ok on the rod, im planning on rewrapping a new one today after school. I can get my hands on a blank for fairly cheaper than usual. I had an epiphany when i was fishing. Last season when i started fishing the trout, i got skunked the first day and broke my rod but the rest of the season was EPIC. so I just repeated my usual regimen and hopefully the season to come will be just as epic.

5150fishn
11-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Bummer about the skunk and rod but the season is young and you will slay plenty of trout! Like you said, just repeating your start from last season. Now that the bad day is over let the good times roll.

VineVideos
11-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Really sorry to hear about your rod. Especially custom wrapped. I probably saw you yesterday morning. I was filming/trolling around in a pontoon for a bit waiting for the stock truck.

If you ever see me filming, please introduce yourself. Are you fishing in the tourney this weekend?

DannyJ

fishfnatic
11-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Fishfnatic! Dude, how have you been. did you get your tube fixed? Its ok on the rod, im planning on rewrapping a new one today after school. I can get my hands on a blank for fairly cheaper than usual. I had an epiphany when i was fishing. Last season when i started fishing the trout, i got skunked the first day and broke my rod but the rest of the season was EPIC. so I just repeated my usual regimen and hopefully the season to come will be just as epic.

I've been pretty good. My tube has not been fixed yet... I really should get on that. Since the last few months were catfish I didn't feel the necessity to fix my tube up but I will get to it in short order. How have you been? Next time I run into you on the water you will have to show me your wraps. If one must sacrifice a rod to the fishing gods for an EPIC season it's worth it IMO.

BRING IT
11-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Dude, that sucks! Im fishing Sat, lets kill this place.
Oh, I hope my season goes like last year too :)

FKNChristopH
11-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Really sorry to hear about your rod. Especially custom wrapped. I probably saw you yesterday morning. I was filming/trolling around in a pontoon for a bit waiting for the stock truck.

If you ever see me filming, please introduce yourself. Are you fishing in the tourney this weekend?

DannyJ
Danny I did see you. I'm a little shy but next time i will say hi for sure! No ill be wrapping my rod today lol

I've been pretty good. My tube has not been fixed yet... I really should get on that. Since the last few months were catfish I didn't feel the necessity to fix my tube up but I will get to it in short order. How have you been? Next time I run into you on the water you will have to show me your wraps. If one must sacrifice a rod to the fishing gods for an EPIC season it's worth it IMO.
Lol I guess. I've been ok just trying to finish nursing school lol and Fix that tube and let's fish soon!

Dude, that sucks! Im fishing Sat, lets kill this place.
Oh, I hope my season goes like last year too :)

Gl today! I already texted you back lol