PDA

View Full Version : So I heard about the LNL float tube opener....

Surfnsnowboard3
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I wasn't there as I had to work, but I've been in years past and had a blast. I'd catch 20-40 fish. I heard this year was a huge and complete bust. Anybody go?

the dude
11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
I didn't go yesterday but I went today and it was tough at all the regular spots. I moved 3 times on the bank until I saw everybody catching fish I had to wait for a spot but once one opened up I grabed it and caught 5 fish in less then an hour. It was crazy conditions people were falling in the lake left and right of me luckily I had a long handle net. the fish were hitting anything you tossed they are just in a crapy spot.

etucker1959
11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I didn't go yesterday but I went today and it was tough at all the regular spots. I moved 3 times on the bank until I saw everybody catching fish I had to wait for a spot but once one opened up I grabed it and caught 5 fish in less then an hour. It was crazy conditions people were falling in the lake left and right of me luckily I had a long handle net. the fish were hitting anything you tossed they are just in a crapy spot.
Were you fishing by the inlet?

the dude
11-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Were you fishing by the inlet?

yep down by the bridge

Rot8
11-09-2012, 06:01 AM
yep down by the bridge

Man, that is a strange place to fish for Laguna Niguel. What were the fish doing down there? Looking for O2? Anyways, I am sure there were limited spots to fish from for sure.

vortec_cruiser
11-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I fished the float tube opener, and can only say that I could have spent the money better in other ways. Maybe a half dozen fish caught the whole day. I didn't even get one hit! :Sad: But as they say, "That's Fishing!"