PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Lake Mid Day Madness

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 02:03 AM
What's up FNN,

I decided to make it a short work day and headed over to Anaheim Lake for the Mid Day Special on Monday 11/5/12. Got to the lake a little early for the mid day session and spent about 20 minutes setting up the Fish Cat 4. Once I had paid, I headed over toward the spillway. Started fishing, and not 10 minutes later the Lake staff came over the loud speakers saying everyone off the lake. Apparently there was police standoff happening on the adjacent street to the lake where guns were involved. After we got the all clear from the police, I returned to the same area and began my assault on the trout in earnest.

I fished the brand new Bite-On Fury Shad scent mixed in with green Powerbait for a few casts, but I had to put it away because I wanted to spend more than 30 minutes on the water. This stuff is potent!

Fishing was a little bit slower than it was on Saturday, but I caught fish on bait, Jigs and on the drop shot. The hottest bite came on a yellow/white power worm fishing a 1/8 of an ounce Salamander drop shot sinker with a number 10 bait holder hook with about an 18 inch tag end. I show the set up in the video below. The castability of the Salamander Sinkers is outstanding; if you have not tried them I'd recommend giving them a try for your finesse fishing. The 1/8 of an ounce drop shot and In-Line sinkers have been my go to so far this trout season.

Had a really great time at Anaheim Lake, and the quality of the fish they stocked last week was outstanding! I highly recommend getting out to Anaheim Lake before the operation get’s moved over to SARL this winter. I for one plan to visit Anaheim Lake every time I have a chance to steal away from the grind for a few hours.

Hope you enjoy the Video:

http://youtu.be/IF4sx4bOPKQ

Phishinghookz
11-08-2012, 06:55 AM
great video poxy...i'll be heading to anaheim soon.

TaperSteve
11-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Awesome report thanx for posting! Hope to see you next weekend!

TS

Mr T-rex
11-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Nice Video And love the music. I might be there tomorrow lets see how it goes
You dont have trouble fishing your long rods on the tube ??

DC5fishR
11-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Great video! What fishfinder do you use for your float tube?

Rooster
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Great Video Wes. Hope 2 cya out on the waters soon

angelsfan951
11-08-2012, 11:01 AM
thanx for the great video, is that bite on fury stuff available already???

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 11:02 AM
great video poxy...i'll be heading to anaheim soon.

Good luck out there!

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice Video And love the music. I might be there tomorrow lets see how it goes
You dont have trouble fishing your long rods on the tube ??

Thanks Mr T-Rex
Not really, it can be a PITA at times if multiple rods get tangled, but if something get's wrapped around the tip of the rod I just break down the rod and untangle.

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Great video! What fishfinder do you use for your float tube?

It is a basic little humminbird unit, not sure of the model number, but it is nothing fancy.

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Great Video Wes. Hope 2 cya out on the waters soon

Thanks Rooster, right back at you! I was expecting to see you last weekend at the Vine. You going to the tourny this weeekend?

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
thanx for the great video, is that bite on fury stuff available already???

Yes, but only in very limited locations.

Mr T-rex
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
nice i never thought about breaking down the rods .. Thanks boss hope to see you on the water sometime

Thanks Mr T-Rex
Not really, it can be a PITA at times if multiple rods get tangled, but if something get's wrapped around the tip of the rod I just break down the rod and untangle.

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
nice i never thought about breaking down the rods .. Thanks boss hope to see you on the water sometime

I'm sure I'll see you out there on the water on of these days. Looking forward to it!

JAG107
11-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Great re[port and vid Wes! Must have been interesting with the cops having an altercation so close, thats urban trout fishing at its finest!

BigBass777
11-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Cool video! Nice to get up close to trout like that in moving water vs being on shore.

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Great re[port and vid Wes! Must have been interesting with the cops having an altercation so close, thats urban trout fishing at its finest!

Yeah, interesting is a good way to put it ;) Thanks for the reply Jag!

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Cool video! Nice to get up close to trout like that in moving water vs being on shore.

Thanks BB777, is LMV stocking trout yet? I'd love to get down there for another one of those tournys.

OC ANGLER
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Looks like some good mid day action ! thanks for sharing !

phishin phool
11-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Cool vid again Poxy, keep em coming. I think I'm gonna give Anaheim a go this weekend before they close. Thanks for sharing.

Poxy Boggards
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Looks like some good mid day action ! thanks for sharing !

You're Welcome OC Angler! It really was a great afternoon session.

Poxy Boggards
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Cool vid again Poxy, keep em coming. I think I'm gonna give Anaheim a go this weekend before they close. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Phishin Phool, good luck out there. Should be some epic fishing! PM sent your way.

Troutman65
11-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Nice going Wess . I always like your videos . I will getting out for the first time very soon . Thanks for sharing

Poxy Boggards
11-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks Patrick!