PDA

View Full Version : LNL Float Tube Day

vortec_cruiser
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
For the second year now, I went to LNL for their pre-opening-day float tube extravaganza. Sadly, myself and every other tuber out their were very disappointed. I think I might be exaggerating when I say a half dozen trout were caught. Not to shortchange the lake, there were a few bass, bluegill and crappie caught, but this was supposed to be the opening of trout season there. :Sad: I was so disappointed that I left before the barbecue lunch.

Nice scenery.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/luvtnt/LagunaNiguelLake.jpg

angelsfan951
11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
wow that must suck.. and i hear the admission to this is pretty expensive also

bchbum54
11-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Yup, I was there and it was a bad fishing day. I left at 11 and only 2 confirmed trout caught by then. As far as expensive goes, $3 to enter the park $65 to fish and $230 pair of sunglasses to the fishing gods. Yea definitely not worth it. Not the lakes fault just one of those days the trout didn't want to bite.

vortec_cruiser
11-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Even though it was lousy fishing, it was still better than the best day at work. :Big Grin:

Cartman
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Bummer. Nice scenery. Man, their web site sure shows some huge fish. Not your typical trout size fish.

vortec_cruiser
11-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Bummer. Nice scenery. Man, their web site sure shows some huge fish. Not your typical trout size fish.

Jon, last year the fishing was excellent.

Leejahd
11-07-2012, 07:27 PM
The bite was definitely not wide open how I thought It would be! A couple of blue gills and crappie for me.. Fishing got better towards the end of the day! Saw more fish caught in the last hour than what i saw all day. People that found the honey holes were rewarded before being ambushed by tubers....

angelsfan951
11-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Even though it was lousy fishing, it was still better than the best day at work. :Big Grin:

i agree cant beat that !

bman90278
11-08-2012, 10:39 AM

Amen to that! Too many people get skunked somewhere and say it was the worst day of their lives!

-b

HookedUptuber
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Lol it did suck but this was my second time at this lake the first time the trout didn't bite till after one same story here gf and I scoped out this one spot off the shore before the BBQ we both caught one there two guys saw us then right after the BBQ they bolted right to where we were amazing huh! I made a hudge mistake by bringing my 9ft fly rod into the small channel lol and that was the death of me managed 4 trout 2 blue gill and two crappie it was a so so day but def could have been better