fishrdi
11-07-2012, 11:01 AM
FYI - Stocked The other day @ 1pm.

Serg
11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Do you know if they stocked the lagoon?

kaneo
11-07-2012, 02:32 PM
all the truck chasers were along the shoreline and the sheriff was watching them.. people got tickets last year for fishing on the ramp area.. beware..

SwimbaitOnly
11-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Do you know if they stocked the lagoon?

The lagoon does NOT get stocked.

Serg
11-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Didn't know that. Did they ever stock it? I seem to recall a few years back that it was being stocked. Maybe I'm wrong

SwimbaitOnly
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Didn't know that. Did they ever stock it? I seem to recall a few years back that it was being stocked. Maybe I'm wrong

You are correct. A few years ago they did. But because of a frog or fish they no longer stock the lagoon. There is a thread in here thats about 40 pages of discussion about it. Do a search and you will find alot of info on it.

HBAR
11-07-2012, 07:18 PM
You are correct. A few years ago they did. But because of a frog or fish they no longer stock the lagoon. There is a thread in here thats about 40 pages of discussion about it. Do a search and you will find alot of info on it.

Actually it's some BS about rainbow trout "escaping" through the rocks at the south end of the goon and "killing" off the steelhead population in the dried up creek below the goon. I could be wrong but that's along the lines I've heard.

Socalbassmaster
11-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Actually it's some BS about rainbow trout "escaping" through the rocks at the south end of the goon and "killing" off the steelhead population in the dried up creek below the goon. I could be wrong but that's along the lines I've heard.

Steel head in the creek? Thats BS i never seen any in there.

bman90278
11-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Steel head in the creek? Thats BS i never seen any in there.

That's because the Rainbows decimated the juvenile steelheads. :Smile:

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Unfortunately its in regards to that shallow creek that IS usually dried up...the pencil pushers in sacramento (or elseware) feel the planted trout will migrate downstream from the goon...into the ocean out near malibu regions and breed with the steelhead affecting the steelhead breed..

This is so wrong on so many levels it's not even funny....thats why they don't stock the goon...

U'll see the same set of curcumstances whenever a body of water has an outflow that could potentially reach the ocean...they stop stocking...

It's unfortunate but thats the current mindset of those lawmakers/pencil pushers