PDA

View Full Version : Patriot 8-29 YALLS!!!!

GillyGreen
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
My uncle fom Chicago came out for his annual visit so I took him fishing on the 3/4 day out of Newport Landing.. We left the dock with a light load of 15 (almost didnt think we were gonna make it out).. Got a mix of chovie and dines and headed to Cat in slighlty choppy seas. Started above the quarry for good bass fishing with a decent show on the bonito.. Got a call from the Freelance, that they had good conditions and hooked 5 yellows... We swing around the corner and John finds a good sonar mark... A little show in the chum and its game on.. First one, then another, then me... I land a 26lber and the others are solids 20's... I hook up again and hand off to my uncle... He got his *** kicked pretty good, but with a little coaching he lands his first yellow ever, a nice 20lber.... We ended up with 12 fish at this spot before a bunch of knucklehead private boaters decided they woud run over the fish 4 times.......The bite died so we looked around and finally set up above Frog Rock and land 3-4 more yellows and tonnage of bonito as well as a few bass.... Called it and headed home in very windy whitecapped conditions... Jeff was having a blast cutting fish in the slop.... Closer to home the weather did lay down a bit... All the yellows were on sardines and weighed 18-29 lbs... Good day of fishing and good grade of fish for a change....

Mike
Big Hammer Swimbaits