PDA

View Full Version : 11/3 A strong dose of reality.

fishfnatic
11-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Finally, trout season has arrived! I had made plans several weeks prior to Saturday to go fishing with a group of friends/family. Reserved a pontoon first thing Saturday morning the week before. So stoked! The wait had turned my week into the longest week of my life. Friday rolled around and being my day off, it was time to hit up BPS for some last minute preparations for the upcoming trout slayage. What made the wait even worse, I have been sitting on a brand new custom Phenix Elixir FX701-1 with a brand new 1000 CI4 just for this season.

Tried to sleep Friday evening with plans to be in line Saturday morning at 2am. Futile. Picked up my buddy hit the line and got there just about 2am as planned. Another one of the party showed up at 3am. We chatted, plotted, and just shot the **** until about 3:30. Nap time.

Hit the tackle shop up for some burritos and coffee. Mmm.

OMG OMG OMG it's almost time to get our fish on!

Grab the pontoon head out to the west shore for about 40 minutes until the rest of the party showed up. Hell yea! Everyone is here lets go!

Against recommendations we hit up the flats for about an hour. My buddy and I caught 1 each of what I believe to be (and Jimmy is investigating) wiper/striper juveniels around 6-7" long. Was on the old rod... still haven't got to use the new rod :(. Not much bigger then small pan fish. Both release per lake rules(?). I was able to get my mom into a little hole where she pulled out 3 trout. No more action time for the west shore.

Anchor up on the west shore to attempt to tug on some trout... Hours go by and Patrick find a hole only he can get to and proceeds to pull out 3 trout. The other 3 of us on the boat are sitting on 0 trout. Move around west shore... try again... move... try again... move... try again... screw it lets try mid lake... My mom hooks up again, right away I knew it was a catfish. Yep she lands it and its a 1.5lb cat. That was it for the day.

Trout opener totals for 5 Anglers on the boat, 6 trout 1 catfish 2 (inconclusive) wiper/striper (or what Jimmy believe to be a white LMB). 3 Anglers on the boat walked away with no trout and 1 even walked away completely skunked. I was expecting more but alas, that is why they call it fishing and not catching.

I will be back for some sweet sweet revenge I promise that!

P.S. I swear Thisfool and Josh I tried EVERYTHING I had.

Until Next Time,
Kevin

VineAssist
11-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Kevin,
I was going to give you something before you left but you took off! Come see me next time you guys are out. And I do have an answer for you on what you guys caught please PM me.

Josh
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
As they say sh** happens. I'm sure you'll start nailing them.

fishfnatic
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Kevin,
I was going to give you something before you left but you took off! Come see me next time you guys are out. And I do have an answer for you on what you guys caught please PM me.

I tried to PM you but your box is full.

As they say sh** happens. I'm sure you'll start nailing them.

Oh, I will, or die trying...

Thisfool
11-05-2012, 11:06 AM
dang kevin sounds like you guys had a kinda rough day but at very least it sounds like your boat had some action on it. Try try try again

are you guys going to make it out for the turnny next weekend? i hope to be there and i know a handfull of us will be there for sure

socal114
11-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I made the mistake of kicking from the west shore to the flats mid-morning on Sunday. One bite, zero fish in three hours over there. I think I metered 4-5 fish total while there...:Sad:

5150fishn
11-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Kevin, sorry to hear about your rough day on the water. I'm surprised do to our luck but we have all had days like this. All of our fish were on the troll and easy limits were had on fri. and sat. You will get them next time for sure. Thanks for the report!

troutdog
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
You'll slayum next time, thanks for posting your results!

TD

TaperSteve
11-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Hey sorry about the so so day! Let me know when you want to go trolling theres an open seat on my boat for you or I can jump on a Vine 'toon with y'all for a bit. Let me know....

TS