PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Lake Mr.STRIPER MASSACRE 10/4

MikesOcean
11-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Never been to Silverwod always going to castaic, I thought I would give it a shot with my buddy Mike(fishingvato562) who has never caught a striper and wanted his cherry popped! And boy did he pop his cherry!

In line before 7am, inspected, and off we went trolling. Not knowing the lake or structure, it took some time understanding it. With only a couple fish here and there, hangups, and bad boat idle in the beginning, I was getting frustrated. Once I started to understand it, boat warming up, it was ON!!! We found an area where they were STACKED! We stayed on this point and it was constant Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. These fish were juiced up and aggressive. They didn't just hit it, THEY SLAMMED IT!!! We had a fish on just about each way on the point. We had a double hookup where we both enjoyed fighting the fish at the same time. And 3 times we had a double hookup.. I even used trout swimbaits on the rig and caught fish twice on it. And these schoolies swallowed that swimbait. It was a blast! We left them biting.We had our limit 20 and it was time to go home. I think I found my new lake which is not too far from me.37740

cutbait
11-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Nice fish!!!!

I've got to hit the wood someday

seal
11-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Nice fish!!!!

I've got to hit the wood someday

Yes you do. Fish I caught yesterday were just choking with shad.

MikesOcean looks like you did well out there, this bite should last a bit longer until water temp drops, then it will be all about chasing the big ones. Nice job on the troll!

bitesomthing
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
What were you using, if you don't mind???

Double A
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Way to whack em Mike

Kill dem all

dk4885
11-05-2012, 09:31 AM
nice job mike, i like the dead well shot, ill have to put the lake on my list the next time im down south.

trail blazer
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
i love a good MASSACRE,,,,,,,,,,Great job bro

TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Now stay there with those dinks ,,lol,,,,leave the castaic for me ,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MikesOcean
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Now stay there with those dinks ,,lol,,,,leave the castaic for me ,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No more stripers at Castaic cuz you caught them all...:UDaMan:

I'm just warming up for the big trip! hint hint :Big Smile:

dk4885
11-05-2012, 02:36 PM
No more stripers at Castaic cuz you caught them all...:UDaMan:

I'm just warming up for the big trip! hint hint :Big Smile:

i no what thats code for, i want to go

MikesOcean
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
i no what thats code for, i want to go

Speaking of which? Aren't you pretty close to SAL? Was going up Sat night but then had a sudden change of plans. How far are you from there?

dk4885
11-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Speaking of which? Aren't you pretty close to SAL? Was going up Sat night but then had a sudden change of plans. How far are you from there?

it takes me a little over 2 hours to get there, the next time you make plans let me no ill see if i can swing it

FISHINGVATO562
11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Hey Mike I had an awesome time on the water. Yeah those fish were singing my favorite song(zzzzzzz). Your knowledge is vast on these jailbirds. I'm just acting like a sponge, thanks again.