PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Opener - Hot Morning Action

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2012, 01:03 AM
What's up FNN,

Had a great time at the Irvine Opener Friday. Arrived to the lake just before 4:00AM, and I was in the begining of the 8th line. Tried to get a few winks of sleep before the gates opened at 5:00 AM, but that was not to happen, I was way too excited for the yearly installment of trout insanity that we all know as the Irvine Lake Trout Opening Day. Went inside the tackle shop and had one their great breakfast burritos, Talked to Kewly to get some intel from VIP day, then headed back out to finish rigging up the yak. The plan of attack was to troll in the AM, fish Plastics in the afternoon. The Best made plans were laid to waste by a hot troll bite in the morning. Which kept me chasing the big one that broke my line for the rest of my time on the water.

Fishing was really good up the west shore and that is where i spent the majority of my time on the water. I saw numerous boats, shore anglers and float tubers all scoring easy limits on pretty much anything you tried. The troll bite was really good and I ended the day with a really nice stringer.

Irvine lake ran a great opener, the staff was friendly, and I caught quality fish. As an Angler in the Urban Jungle, there is still a small slice of California nature close by where you can feel like your away from it all. Enjoy the Video.

http://youtu.be/0BXRzA9ht-M

troutdog
11-05-2012, 01:14 AM
SLAY day at the Vine, wtg Wes!

TD

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Thanks TD!

OC ANGLER
11-05-2012, 02:02 AM
good report after good report , man I wish I could have been there ! way to go on the slayage !

Prowler_Tuber
11-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Sweet video bro, you fishing this sat?

VineVideos
11-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Yes Opening Day was truely a blast and a great trout season to come. Lots of big stocks coming up. Great job on the vid!! The GoPros and Contours are great tools especially for Tubers and Kayakers. Perfect!

I have two GoPros I use in my work; mainly for underwater stuff in addition to my big cameras. Used the GoPro at Cedros Island this last summer for the big Yellows and Calico's. Awesome footage for such a small cam. Full 1920x1080 HD. Wish they had been around years ago.

Will see you guys for the Veterans Day Tournament this weekend. Thanks much for your report !! Awesome !!

DJ

fishfnatic
11-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the video. Awesome job out there!

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
good report after good report , man I wish I could have been there ! way to go on the slayage !

Thanks OC, glad to know it's appreciated.

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Sweet video bro, you fishing this sat?

Yeah for sure. I'll likely be hitting up the Vine for the first Tourny. How about you? We should exchange numbers and share intel.

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah, the Go Pro's are alot of fun and easy to use. Hope to have another great report and video to put up next weekend.

phishin phool
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Awesome vid Poxy! I'm lookin forward to getting out to the Vine more this year. Thanks for sharing

Armofisher818
11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Nice man they all looked like hard drag pullers! Alot of pressure opening day huh.

Poxy Boggards
11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Awesome vid Poxy! I'm lookin forward to getting out to the Vine more this year. Thanks for sharing

Thanks Phishin Phool! Look forward to seeing you out on the water!

Poxy Boggards
11-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Nice man they all looked like hard drag pullers! Alot of pressure opening day huh.

They all fought really well, and I had a few chunky 3 1/2 pounders that pulled really hard. There were a ton of people at the lake, but I still managed to troll fairly well. Only lost one lure due to a clueless boat driver.

5150fishn
11-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Nice job out there. It was an epic weekend. Glad you got your yak out on the Vine. It is my favorite spot to troll my yak for some quality trout!

Poxy Boggards
11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Nice job out there. It was an epic weekend. Glad you got your yak out on the Vine. It is my favorite spot to troll my yak for some quality trout!

Thanks 5150. You going to be on the yak this weekend?

5150fishn
11-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks 5150. You going to be on the yak this weekend?Unfortunatly not for a couple of weeks. My truck is going in the shop this weekend and my daughters B-day is the following so it will be about 3 weeks before I get back out there. Luckily it is a long trout season! Good luck out there and get yourself a Masters spot!

TaperSteve
11-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Awesome report and video thanx for posting!

Hope you can make it next weekend for Team 57's "Trout"sgiving event! Check the "Fishing Rendezvous" section here on FNN for more info!

TS

Poxy Boggards
11-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Awesome report and video thanx for posting!

Hope you can make it next weekend for Team 57's "Trout"sgiving event! Check the "Fishing Rendezvous" section here on FNN for more info!

TS

Signed up already Steve, can't wait for some fried turkey!