PDA

View Full Version : New kayaker

bassknuckles
11-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I just got a kayak and have been out on it a couple of times a buddy and me tried to launch in pretty rough surf at San Onofre beach and got tossed in the waved ended up loosing a rod and reel, but hey I learned that my setup was not adaquate and have since made the kayak more "fisherman friendly". I have been out in Oceanside harbor and in the base harbor and got 4 big bugs the other night in about 2 hours and caught a nice size calico in out of dana point. Im looking for more spots to hit the water and i was wondering, Has anyone been out to the kelp beds out by the power plants by San Onofre on a kayak yet?

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2012, 01:40 AM
PM sent, check it out.

Armofisher818
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
San ono is a tryicky place. Its a shallow reef area so you will have a lot of breakers. Look for low surf when you want to launch from there. Always have your stuff strapped down and wear a pfd when launching or landing. Im fairly new too so i cant help out with spots by your area but in the long beach area i already responded to your pm. Theres alot of information and vids that will help you rig your kayak and fishing, youll love the sport.