PDA

View Full Version : 1st Surf Fish'n Report & a Big Thanks

Homefish
11-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey All, I've been on vacation this week so i've been hit'n the beach everyday for the last 8 days! It's been a great vacation!!!
10/28- Hit "My Home Beach" for a couple hours around sunset. Caught 2 tiny 4" Bsp. Hooked & fought something strong & heavy for about 3 seconds before it broke off!!!That was an exciting 3 seconds.

10/29- Hit "My beach" for a few hours after drop'n daughter @school. Caught some BSP. Saw lots of Corbina, but couldn't get'um to bite.

10/30- Picked up Pops & hit Bolsa Chica for a few hours in the a.m., we both caught apx 5 BSP.

10/31 Halloween Treats- Hit "My beach" for a few hours after drop'n son @ school & take'n wife to breakfast. Caught 10 BSP, one of which was 13'' my new personal best. I also caught my 1st, and then later my 2nd Leopord shark. They were small 17" & 15" but my 1st. Very exciting!!

11/1-Hit "my beach" for a few hours around sunset. Caught some BSP!

11/2-Picked up my Bro early in the a.m. and hit Bolsa Chica(Pops met us later)caught some BSP, 1WSP and 1 Spotfin Croaker 17". lost a bigger spotfin(apx 24")in the shorebreak.

11/3- Hit "my beach" for a few hours w/daughter & son after nephews Bday party. Caught NOTH'N!! SKUNKED!!

11/4- Hit "my beach" w/son & Bday boy nephew for a few hours before Da Bears game. Caught 3 BSP.

It's been a great week!!

I wanted to thank all of you for your posts & reports. You never know what your post can lead to. I've been fish'n my whole life, but just started surf fish'n last July. I love it! One of the first things i read on surf fish'n was Dana's Surf Fishing 101 post. His post helped get me into surf fish'n. Which has lead me to get'n my Pops, Bro, brother in-law and 2 nephews(1 of which took 3rd place @ HG4)into surf fish'n. HG4 was great! Last year was my first time attending Hunting Giants and it's amazing how much it's grown in 1 year! I never met Dana, but i'm sure he'd be proud of what you all have done w/his event. Thank you to SWAT,the sponsers, and everyone who contributed to making HG4 such a great event!

Thanks 4 read'n my post,

Homefish

SP Dan
11-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Hi ya Homefish,

It sounds as though you had your self a very relaxing "fishing" vacation.
Congratulations on landing a new species(Leo) and then followed up by your new PB! WTG!
Thank you for sharing your first fishing report with all of us .... "excellent job soldier"! :Cool:
It was good to see you at this year's HG-4!

SP Dan <"))><

Which Way Out
11-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Great report.
Ah, the one that got away. Those are the one's we always remember more than anything. It's still out there.................so regroup and try again.

Thanks for attending HG 4 and getting more people interested in the sport.

WWO

murrieta angler
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks for sharing Homefish and also thanks for all the kind words.
Dana was a really cool kat, just one of the nicest persons you would ever meet...:Smile:
Look forward to more report, with more PB's in the future...:Wink:
Robert
<><

peanutbutter
11-05-2012, 03:46 PM
nice getting into those fish :Surprised:

Wingnut
11-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Fish for EIGHT straight days?!? I wish!!! :Envious:
Congrats on all the nice catch... you're doing great out there. :Big Grin:
Thank you for coming out and supporting the HG events, see you next year. :Cool:

Jig-Guy
11-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Cool report and I am glad you were out there having a great time. Some day you will catch a big Leo!

bloox8
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
You're pretty lucky to be able to get out there for 8 straight days. I wish I was on vacation again lol.
I am glad you get to enjoy this sport with your family members. Nothing like family bonding and fishing.

Keep on doing what you're doing. You might actually land a legendary fish one day :LOL:

Thanks for the report

dlmoo312
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Good job on the 8-day fishing marathon! What a nice way to spend your vacation!
Glad to hear you were able to land a bunch of fish and a variety of different species.
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

flyngby
11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
I have not fished 8 days this year so congrats on pulling off that in one long session!

Thanks for all the kind words about the event and it was great to see you and the family out at HG4!

I took this pic of the nephew when he landed his first fish soon after giving him a few words of encourgement and to stay focused on the mission, enjoy the environment of Family, Friends, Fun, & Fishing! I will also remember for a long time of the fierce "Junior Fishoff" between Marissa and the nephew! The crouds were into it!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/PA200088.jpg
BTW. Those Spotfin can "Rock your World" as I am sure you felt that day! I have caught a few in harbor but not in the surf! Still a goal for me!

Steve

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif

dkinla
11-13-2012, 09:19 PM
wow you got to fish 8 days in a row???!!!

that's awesome... nice first report and lookin forward to seeing more!

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks SP Dan, & thanks for being the Ref. in the EPIC Battle for third place @ HG4 between Blake & Marrisa. They were go'n blow for blow for a long time. That was great.

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Great report.
Ah, the one that got away. Those are the one's we always remember more than anything. It's still out there.................so regroup and try again.

Thanks for attending HG 4 and getting more people interested in the sport.

WWO

Thanks WWO, I think the one's that get away keep us coming back more than the one's we catch!

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks Robert, & thanks for help'n me get that 100#'s of ice down to the beach @ HG4. Too bad we only need 20#'s of it!

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks Arthur, Yes 8 days straight was awesome, as was HG4.

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks Jig-Guy, It was great catch'n those 2 little Leos.

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks bloox8, Yes I am pretty lucky & it was a great vacation.

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
nice getting into those fish :Surprised:

Thanks peanutbutter

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks Daniel, It was great!

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks Steve, & thanks for help'n Blake. He loves to fish. And BTW catching a Spotfin is a goal of mine also. My report was'nt very clear. It was my Bro who caught the Spotfin & also lost the bigger one in the shore break. I have only caught 4 different species in my 1year 4 months of surf fish'n- BSP(apx 400), WSP(maybe 50), YFC(maybe 5) & Leopard shark(2).

Homefish
11-13-2012, 10:36 PM
wow you got to fish 8 days in a row???!!!

that's awesome... nice first report and lookin forward to seeing more!

Thanks dkinla, It was great!

blackwater
11-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I wish I can fish for 8 hours let alone 8 days. :Envious:
Sounds like one heck of a nice vacation. :Big Grin:

PTN
11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the report Homefish. Way to get on the water and catch fish!

-Peter