PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood report, 11/2

Tubbytuba
11-04-2012, 07:22 PM
i hit the dam at around 5, and fished hard for 2 hours. tossing spooks and swim baits. i had a follower of some sort on my big hammer swim bait but didn't get a good look. next cast i see him again, then he hits it hard! im thinking maybe an 18 inch striper but then it jumped, its a trout? i hauled it in and got a look at him. perfect fins, beautiful color, bout a pound and a half. it's a holdover? such a thing exists at silverwood? a fish actually managed to make it through the summer with all of the anglers and big arse stripers? well i strung him up and continued casting. had another hit an hour later, 15 inch striper. string him up and continued casting. caught a few more schooies on the swim bait after that but i had dinner so i let them go with out touching them. wish i had taken pictures of the fish. trout had some nice pink meat. not dark red like ive seen at big bear, but he was delicious.

seal
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Silverwood in years past has had a fantastic holdover trout population. I've had my best fly days in California catching HO's at Sivlerwood. But last couple years have been weak, changes in stocking patterns I believe have had an effect.

Glad to hear the HO catch! They have some similar forage to BBL so yup they get pink.

It was a decent day wasn't it:Big Grin:?