PDA

View Full Version : W0W What Can I Say.... Report (11/2-3/2012)!

TaperSteve
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Here's to Irvine Lake for a successful trout opener 2012! :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

I arrived at the lake around 1pm on Thursday to get in line and set up camp for the night. Thisfool was already in line along with about 10 other cars so I wasn't too far back. Soon after Big Daddy joined us.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-11-01_16-17-06_487.jpg

Everyone was super excited to be back to trout fishing and some a little too excited. Around 10pm the sheriffs, firefighters, and an ambulance showed up to rescue a guy who had too much to drink and inhaled too much smoke from their BBQ and passed out from the carbon monoxide. He finally came to and we over heard the paramedic asking him, "Do you want to go to the hospital?" he replied, "No I'm going trout fishing tomorrow!". Since he refused to be taken to the hospital the rescue squad left.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-11-01_21-53-32_588.jpg

The next morning it was overcast and looked to be the perfect morning for some trout fishing! The gates opened at 6am, launched the boat right away, and didn't hesitate for a minute. It was still dark as I left the dock but I just couldn't wait any longer.

It took a little while to land my first fish of the 2012 trout season but as soon as the sun came up it was on full throttle! I took this picture of yet another beautiful Vine sunrise!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-11-02_07-36-07_853.jpg

I don't know if I was more excited to be back to trout fishing or for some of Big Daddy's breakfast on the water. I knew it was almost time so I check my Jo Mamma II's GPS device I implanted and started stocking my prey. I knew it was time when I saw the "Big Daddy's Boat & Grill" sign was up!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-11-02_11-59-08_152.jpg

I pulled up beside his boat and we made the hand-off. I took this photo of one of the most amazing breakfast you'll ever have!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-11-02_11-59-17_416.jpg

I ended the day Friday around 11am with a limit of quality fish from 2lbs to 4lbs. I left my boat at the boat slip for the night and pulled back out to the lot to wait for more Team 57 peeps to show up and again set up camp for the night. 5150 (Dan) was already in line and out fishing with Big Daddy.

By nights end See Chris Fish, Josh, and Candyman +3 had joined us. We grilled up my and Thisfool's limits so everyone had fresh caught and cooked fish by the campfire!

The next morning was a breeze getting in since my boat was already on the water. See Chris Fish joined me on my boat for the day since he's been having issue's with his. We hit the water right away but again we didn't get our first fish till after the sun came up.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-11-03_07-31-24_96.jpg

We passed by as I took this picture of 5150 as he was fighting a fish!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-11-03_07-19-40_676.jpg

We ended the day around 1pm with quality limits of fish. Dan was already in for the day to so we took our fish up to the tackleshop to weigh-in and for this photo op.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/P1050920.jpg

My big fish for the weekend a 6.2lb hard fighting monster!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/P1050919.jpg

There are a lot of quality trout being stocked at all the pay lakes in So Cal this season. Get out there and take advantage of it and catch you some quality fresh fish for the dinner table!

Come join us at Irvine Lake on Nov 17th for the next Team 57 event, "Trout"sgiving! It's a Thanksgiving themed event that is free for anyone to participate in. We'll be having some fryed turkeys with all the fixin's, awesome prizes, and a free raffle! Check the sign up thread in the "Fishing Rendezvous" section here on FNN for more info and to sign up for this event.... hope to see y'all there!

TaperSteve

Prowler_Tuber
11-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Great seeing all the 57 members out in force. Its going to be a great season.

Hometown
11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Great report Steve I cant wait For "Trout"sgiving.I hope to fish next week since I have Friday off

Rooster
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Great report Steve, I bet that 6.2 had some nize runs. Hope 2 cya this weekend. Props

DynoDan
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Nice bro! See you soon!

Cadillyak
11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Good job out there and great fish. Hope to see u this weekend.

Thisfool
11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
man steve i had such a blast i cant wait for the "trouts-giving" event on the 17th

VineVideos
11-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow! Great report Steve. Thanks for sharing. I will be filming next Sunday for the Awards presentations. See you guys then !!

5150fishn
11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
It doesn't get any better than that. Great friends, fishing, and food! Great report and pics.

PONTOON
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Taper, Great Report!:Cool:

I'm glad to hear that everyone had a good time and the on the water breakfast served up by the Team 57 Chef Big Daddy looked like it was a fine catch!:Wink:

It's good to see all the Team 57 members getting together and enjoying opening day. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to fishing vicariously through your reports.:Thumbs Up:

See Chris Fish
11-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Steve, thanks so much for inviting me aboard. Sorry for all the boat remodel questions. lol.
Love how you have the boat set up. Very fish fighting friendly. Fish tremble at the approaching sound the your boat.
You saved me from endless hours on my float tube. Haven't been out on it for a year. It would've been tough on the leg.
What's to say about the fishing action...It was ON FIRE!!!
Had to wait for awhile to get the first one, way after sun up, but then it was on.
Everywhere I looked people were hooking up. Troll, kayak, tubers, shore. Bing, bang, boom. All over.
Great crowd on the lake. Friendly.
Water is 66 and I think I saw 58 feet at the dam on the fish finder. Crowded but not crazy at all.
Everyone worked with each other trolling, of course I was relaxing, not driving. I guess ask Steve on that but seemed cool to me.
There's always the clueless renter though. Yes, that is ACTUALLY a fishing line with a lure on the end of that trailing behind our boat!!! Please stay clear of it.
Saw another kucklehead ground himself in a very nice Tracker on the islands coming out of Sierra Cove. Don't reverse out or shut down and pole off. Nope, FULL speed ahead doing 0-1 mph!! Throwing rocky/mud!!! You could hear the prop just dinging away. Finally pushed enough rock to get afloat and away they go. Don't forget to check that hull, prop, intakes, etc. Great entertainment.

Thanks to Big Daddy for the breakfast. Hit the spot. Always the best.
It's always something with them dang boats and their accessories. LOL
Way to go on the trailer guides. That was fun.
Hope the tire issue on the truck got settled. Even the spare tire. Dang.
Good to see Omar and his girl.

Dan is the man. Went out on the kayak and was killing it. We just happened by when he hooked up.
How are those arms there, my friend?!?!?! Gotta love the Irvine Lake winds. Advil is your friend. LOL

Josh and Travis were killing it out there. Were those indian smoke signals that you were sending out??

You can walk down West Shore now.
The "upper road" has created a bridge to get there. Not ready to drive yet. That's a ways off but looks like it will happen sooner than later.

Way in the flats using marshmellow was the ticket. LOL

bruce watson
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Steve, I have to agree that this was one of the best openers I have seen in over 30 years. Starting with the Thursday VIP day. Chris (OFG) and I started with setting up our camp after our free breakfast and didn't hit the water until almost 9am. By 10:30 we were both sporting second limit passes. The lunch was served a little pass noon followed by a drawing. Chris walked away with a new rod and reel and I have my pass for next weeks Veterans day tournament. At the end of the day we, I mean Chris, had two double limits to clean. Friday was almost a repeat of Thursday but with less bait and wait and more trolling. Double limits by noon and then lots of visiting old friends. Saturday I felt a might tired, I've been sick since July, so Chris took out the boat while I did camp duty. BTW, I've got one of those new coleman propane "Drip" coffee makers and I highly reccomend it. Chris came back with a nice 6 pounder.

Before we left on Saturday, I had a chance to meet a new family to Irvine lake. They were having a bit of a bad day. Not knowing the lake, they had spent a few hours on the water that morning without any fish. Then they had motor problems and had to pull their boat. We couldn't start the boat and it was a man, girlfriend, and her two kids. I took him in the store, showed them the hottest bait, then took my trolling motor and battery off my boat and told them of a really hot spot to fish. They returned my motor and battery that evening and told me the family caught 7 fish in the two hours that they had left to fish. People are honest and the world is full of good stories when people share what they have learned.

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone for a great weekend. Irvine staff, you did yourselves proud. Between my wife's cancer and my stroke we never seem to get out of the house except for Doctor appointments, and now I've had a 3 day campout. I've seen a couple hundred of my old friends, got a lure removed from my hand, received a trophy from a tournament 3 years ago, and now looking forward to next Saturday.

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Nice report and pictures Steve, Good Luck this season. Catch some biguns.

troutdog
11-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Before we left on Saturday, I had a chance to meet a new family to Irvine lake. They were having a bit of a bad day. Not knowing the lake, they had spent a few hours on the water that morning without any fish. Then they had motor problems and had to pull their boat. We couldn't start the boat and it was a man, girlfriend, and her two kids. I took him in the store, showed them the hottest bait, then took my trolling motor and battery off my boat and told them of a really hot spot to fish. They returned my motor and battery that evening and told me the family caught 7 fish in the two hours that they had left to fish. People are honest and the world is full of good stories when people share what they have learned.

Way to go Bruce, people talk the talk....but you do that and walk the walk. Keep getting better, see you next weekend.

Nice job out there Steve, good seeing you albeit for a short time.

See you on the water,

TD

OC ANGLER
11-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Way to slay out there Steve ! thanks for the read !

Bruce my hats off to you sir, that was mighty nice of you !

fishfnatic
11-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Nice job out there Steve! Way to slay. I'll be hitting you up for that trolling lesson sooner then later ;)

trollmiester
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
man tanx for the greatreportandpictures.way to represent team 57 and fnn.will be there in two weeks ,will arrive at twelve noon,do not want to limit out early.

vdubfiend
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM

:Applause:

Always good to help others out... :Big Grin:

Wingnut
11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
You guys killed it! :Envious:
Great job out there Steve. :Thumbs Up:

TaperSteve
11-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Great report Steve I cant wait For "Trout"sgiving.I hope to fish next week since I have Friday off

Hopefully we'll see you in line tomorrow night and fishing Saturday! The crowd this past weekend for the opener wasn't bad at all. Don't let the masses scare you away my friend!

Great report Steve, I bet that 6.2 had some nize runs. Hope 2 cya this weekend. Props

Even the 2-3lbers were fighting hard! It's going to be an amazing trout season in So Cal!

Nice bro! See you soon!

See you tomorrow night in line!

Good job out there and great fish. Hope to see u this weekend.

A bunch of us Team 57 guys will be camping the line Friday night. Come join us for some good food by the campfire. Hope to see you there!

Also check out our Team 57 event next weekend. Look in the "Fishing Rendezvous" section here on FNN for more info!

man steve i had such a blast i cant wait for the "trouts-giving" event on the 17th

I can't wait to eat all the good food!

Wow! Great report Steve. Thanks for sharing. I will be filming next Sunday for the Awards presentations. See you guys then !!

I'll likely be there Saturday, don't know about Sunday yet.

Taper, Great Report!:Cool:

I'm glad to hear that everyone had a good time and the on the water breakfast served up by the Team 57 Chef Big Daddy looked like it was a fine catch!:Wink:

It's good to see all the Team 57 members getting together and enjoying opening day. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to fishing vicariously through your reports.:Thumbs Up:

Team 57 definetly put a dent in the earths trout population this weekend!

Steve, thanks so much for inviting me aboard. Sorry for all the boat remodel questions. lol.
Love how you have the boat set up. Very fish fighting friendly. Fish tremble at the approaching sound the your boat.
You saved me from endless hours on my float tube. Haven't been out on it for a year. It would've been tough on the leg.
What's to say about the fishing action...It was ON FIRE!!!
Had to wait for awhile to get the first one, way after sun up, but then it was on.
Everywhere I looked people were hooking up. Troll, kayak, tubers, shore. Bing, bang, boom. All over.
Great crowd on the lake. Friendly.
Water is 66 and I think I saw 58 feet at the dam on the fish finder. Crowded but not crazy at all.
Everyone worked with each other trolling, of course I was relaxing, not driving. I guess ask Steve on that but seemed cool to me.
There's always the clueless renter though. Yes, that is ACTUALLY a fishing line with a lure on the end of that trailing behind our boat!!! Please stay clear of it.
Saw another kucklehead ground himself in a very nice Tracker on the islands coming out of Sierra Cove. Don't reverse out or shut down and pole off. Nope, FULL speed ahead doing 0-1 mph!! Throwing rocky/mud!!! You could hear the prop just dinging away. Finally pushed enough rock to get afloat and away they go. Don't forget to check that hull, prop, intakes, etc. Great entertainment.

Thanks to Big Daddy for the breakfast. Hit the spot. Always the best.
It's always something with them dang boats and their accessories. LOL
Way to go on the trailer guides. That was fun.
Hope the tire issue on the truck got settled. Even the spare tire. Dang.
Good to see Omar and his girl.

Dan is the man. Went out on the kayak and was killing it. We just happened by when he hooked up.
How are those arms there, my friend?!?!?! Gotta love the Irvine Lake winds. Advil is your friend. LOL

Josh and Travis were killing it out there. Were those indian smoke signals that you were sending out??

You can walk down West Shore now.
The "upper road" has created a bridge to get there. Not ready to drive yet. That's a ways off but looks like it will happen sooner than later.

Way in the flats using marshmellow was the ticket. LOL

Good times, great fishing with you pal!

Steve, I have to agree that this was one of the best openers I have seen in over 30 years. Starting with the Thursday VIP day. Chris (OFG) and I started with setting up our camp after our free breakfast and didn't hit the water until almost 9am. By 10:30 we were both sporting second limit passes. The lunch was served a little pass noon followed by a drawing. Chris walked away with a new rod and reel and I have my pass for next weeks Veterans day tournament. At the end of the day we, I mean Chris, had two double limits to clean. Friday was almost a repeat of Thursday but with less bait and wait and more trolling. Double limits by noon and then lots of visiting old friends. Saturday I felt a might tired, I've been sick since July, so Chris took out the boat while I did camp duty. BTW, I've got one of those new coleman propane "Drip" coffee makers and I highly reccomend it. Chris came back with a nice 6 pounder.

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone for a great weekend. Irvine staff, you did yourselves proud. Between my wife's cancer and my stroke we never seem to get out of the house except for Doctor appointments, and now I've had a 3 day campout. I've seen a couple hundred of my old friends, got a lure removed from my hand, received a trophy from a tournament 3 years ago, and now looking forward to next Saturday.

Your a great guy Bruce and I am honored to be your friend!

Nice job out there Steve! Way to slay. I'll be hitting you up for that trolling lesson sooner then later ;)

As soon as your ready there's a open seat on my boat for you!

man tanx for the greatreportandpictures.way to represent team 57 and fnn.will be there in two weeks ,will arrive at twelve noon,do not want to limit out early.

See you next Saturday (17th) for the next Team 57 event, "Trout"sgiving!

Prowler_Tuber, 5150fishn, Troutdog, OC ANGLER, Wingnut - Thank you for the positive replies/vibes!

TS