PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood report, 11/24

Tubbytuba
11-03-2012, 01:06 PM
sorry it took me so long, hit the wood at the dam on wed, the 24th bout 0600, no one on the water all day since it's closed. it was about 45 degrees out and the stripers were boiling, so i grabbed a casting bubble and a rapala and threw at them for 45 mins and got nothing. i had a big chunk of mack soaking as well. i caught a bunch of micros on anchovies during the day, but most were so small they weren't worth the bait. i kept two of the larger ones for dinner. right before i left i hooked into a small cat, after soaking that mack tail for 6 hours, and then another slightly bigger cat on my anchovy set up. i released the dink. is there a trick to using casting bubbles on these schoolies or what? i pretty much copied what i saw another fisherman use a few weeks ago, and it worked for him. any tips my fellow fishermen? i threw spoons, rapalas and, small swim baits on a 4 foot leader #6 line, and my bubble was above a small swivel.

just realized i said report, my bad i seem to be really good at posting this stuff in the wrong place.