PDA

View Full Version : Irvine lake opener report!

Matt44
11-03-2012, 10:05 AM
After a long unwanted hiatus from fishing I am back! This is the first time I have been out since the eastern sierra opener! Lately just haven't had the time with work but a new schedule is definitely what I needed. On to the report.

First off I just want to thank the whole staff over there at Irvine lake they did a great job with The insane crowds. Decided to hit up The Irvine opener, a first for me. I got off work at 11 pm Thursday night loaded the gear up and headed to the lake showed up around 1215 and I was about 75 cars back was expecting that but was okay with it. Saw some familiar faces and met some new people gates opened around 5 or 530 had to be atleast 150 cars In that line. Got a boat and headed to the west shore. Decided to throw the mini jig for the first few hours picked up a couple on the pink and white jigs, there was a lot of boats on the west shore and everyone was hooking up on shore and boats. Stayed for about a half hour and left because we didn't want to limit. We trolled the rest of the day using lucky craft pointers, rapala CD's, mirror shads, and flicker shads. Pointers produced the best for morning pattern was brown trout and the afternoon it switched to firetiger. Pink was also very productive. We were flatlining with a setback of about 75 to 100 yards. All in all a great day on the water I'll try and get some of these pictures posted 2 biggest out of our 15 fish stringer were 4 pounds. There were 3 of us on the boat. The water level is the lowest I've ever seen but I also don't frequent this lake too much but I think that's about to change. For those who love woodys cove it's no longer there. Good luck out there and fish on!

Matt44

troutdog
11-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice report Matt, thanks for posting up....hopefully there will be many more days on the water like this for everyone!

TD

FSHNLIC
11-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Glad to see u back on the water Matt!! Way to get on some fish... tight lines... now go get some full tails!!!

Matt44
11-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Lower twin This coming weekend report to follow

fishfnatic
11-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Nice job on the limits out there! Welcome back to the addiction.

TaperSteve
11-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Good to be back out fishing. Thanx for posting!

Come join us next weekend for Team 57 "Trout"sgiving event. It's free and everyone is welcome. I guarantee you'll have a great time. Hope to see you there!

TS