PDA

View Full Version : santa comes early by ups

trollmiester
11-02-2012, 02:23 PM
man got a package in the mail from commander wingnut.It was full of swat goodies makeing me real happy i was proud to become a member of swat at hunting the giants.thanx jerry g. for putting the lucky bait on my hook every time for all those perch.which way out.bachiboy ,muu=rrita angler,exfactor,bones,pontoon and countless more swat members for a grre was rehe traditon.all the great pictures that were taken and all the food and freebees.but the best was seeing fishbones and webmaster jeff. jeff and me go way back.been a member on fnn since 1998 when it was called the fishing hot pages.i am sure t.o. remembers.too many good people to mention and can not wait for the next event.another funny thing i started fishing ballona creek before there was a place called marina delrey.remember watching the army corps of enginers dig it up and taking all the oil dericks out. that was my good perch spot.thanx wingnut for your genrous path.

Wingnut
11-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Nice report Chris... :LOL:

Here, I'll do one for you. :Wink:

Trolly's S.W.A.T. Challenge was to catch three different species from the surf with a Barbie style pole. :Envious:

Up to the day of the HG4 event, Chris had two species in the bag. I believe the two species was a Yellow Fin Croaker and a Walleye Perch. He was waiting for the HG event to catch the last of the three species... All he needed was a Barred Surf Perch to complete the challenge.

At grey light when everybody was busy setting up for the event, Chris snuck down to the sand and promptly nails his Challenge fish. Bitter sweet, as the fish completes his induction into S.W.A.T., but by fishing before the event started, disqualifies him from the derby. Therefore he couldn't defend his 1st place title from last year. :Razz: But that didn't stop him from taking a victory plunge into the chilly Pacific surf at grey light. :ROFL:

Congratulations Chris for your induction into the Brotherhood. We now have a S.W.A.T. Jester in our midst. :Big Smile:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%2010/Wingnut%2011/Don1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%2010/Wingnut%2011/Don2.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/IMG_9015.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/IMG_9017.jpg

murrieta angler
11-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Just a picture of Trolly gives off good vibes...:Big Grin:
Welcome again to the, "He Man Woman Haters Club"......sorry tess...:Rolls Eyes:
See Ya Soon,
Robert
<><

bones
11-02-2012, 05:16 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/IMG_9015.jpg

Welcome to the SWAT sandwich:ROFL:

LET THE HAZING BEGIN..... BOY THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN !!

What kind of smelly jelly do you prefer Chris ?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%2010/Wingnut%2011/Don2.jpg

Seriously Chris......I don't think I've EVER met a more positive and happy guy who ALWAYS puts a smile on everyones face around him.You remind me of Tom Hanks in "BIG" .

WELCOME to the brotherhood my friend!

Can't wait until I see you stick that first legal halibut from the surf. We gotta teach you how to do drifts with a Lucky Craft while sleeping :ROFL:

By the way...... You made me feel young with the MDR story....Thanks!

--------<><

bloox8
11-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Congrats!
Thats a funny challenge lol! I am glad you were able to complete your mission.

A FNN member since 1998??? Wow.. your a veteran on this site! That's pretty awesome.

BTW, has anyone from SWAT caught a halibut with that barbie-like rod from the surf :LOL:???
If not, you should show up SWAT by being the first :LOL:

Thien

blackwater
11-02-2012, 06:08 PM
BTW, has anyone from SWAT caught a halibut with that barbie-like rod from the surf :LOL:???
If not, you should show up SWAT by being the first :LOL:

Thien

Hey Thien, check out this thread. :Wink:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?34968-The-quot-Barbie-Pole-quot-Challenge-Legal-Halibut-Marvel-Comic-Style-Monday-6-22-09

Congrats Trollmiester, welcome to the Brotherhood. :Applause:

PONTOON
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
My Brother Trollmiester........Congratulations Buddy!:Thumbs Up:

I knew you had the patience and the persistence part down from waiting endless hours for the cats to bite and now the determination, concentration and foucus part to complete an assignment is confirmed.......:Wink:

Now that you have your S.W.A.T. confirmation package.............can I have my S.W.A.T. watch cap back!............:Envious:

Welcome aboard Brother!:Cool:
Trolly, that was welcome aboard, not a broad.......:LOL:

jerryG
11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Congratulations Chris. Hey welcome to the The Team. Glad I was able to help get you on some fish. You were getting a fish every cast for a while there and I think you threw every fish you caught at TO which actually made for a safe release seeing as you guys stayed in the water all morning. I was having a great time just watching you two getting rolled by waves, playing in the water catching fish. You guys made me feel like I was 10 years old again. Good times guys.

JerryG

skunked4life
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
First off, congrats trolly. I'm the one who found splenda for your coffee so you wouldn't have to use pecan pie to sweeten it and have a diabetic stroke.

Second, tell the truth trolly, that barbie set up is your main set up anyways right?

Last, wow commander! Are you freakin' kidding me? I watched that video ten times just now! Did you upgrade the drags on that real with carbontex washers? How the heck did you do that??? Simply superhuman.

bloox8
11-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Hey Thien, check out this thread. :Wink:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?34968-The-quot-Barbie-Pole-quot-Challenge-Legal-Halibut-Marvel-Comic-Style-Monday-6-22-09

I've seen this Lol. It's pretty funny and awesome at the same time. BUT, when will SWAT catch one with a barbie rod from the surf :LOL:??? NEW CHALLENGE HAHA!

Arthur, this should be considered the "5th Holy Grail" of surf fishing LOLLL

STRIPER
SALMON
BLACK SEABASS
TUNA
AND....
LEGAL HALIBUT W/ BARBIE ROD!!!

Hometown
11-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Not Happy with slaying the Cats at Irvine?:LOL::LOL: Congrats my buddy on finishing your mission

bachiboy
11-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Chris!!! You were so excited when you brought up that perch, I thought you were gonna start a warm current in the surf!:LOL: It was a great moment and I'm glad that we were all there to share it with you. You helped make my first HG event a blast and look forward to sharing some more surf sessions with you.

Don

PS - I'm sad to say that I remember going with my family and actually catching bsp out of the Ballona creek before there was a breakwall...damn I'm old!!!! :Shocked:

Welcome again to the, "He Man Woman Haters Club"
See Ya Soon,
Robert
<><

"GIVE ME THE HIGH SIGN!" :LOL::Wink:

I've seen this Lol. It's pretty funny and awesome at the same time. BUT, when will SWAT catch one with a barbie rod from the surf :LOL:??? NEW CHALLENGE HAHA!

When I got word that my challenge was coming, I asked Arthur, "oh no, you're not gonna make catch a legal on a superman pole?" He laughed but said that would be a great challenge! Not sure if that was what spurred the idea for Trolly's challenge.:LOL:

Troutman65
11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Nice going Chris .

sidified
11-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm so happy you've been S.W.A.T.T.E.D, Meister Chris!!....though I have a feeling my best day of 'happy' can't compare to your worst!
I must say again, that for me, my strongest memory of HH4 was regretfully you actually enjoying a freshly dunked Red Gulp Sandworm... as in chewing..and chewing..and chewing..
on that thing..before swallowing.. of course all the time beaming that signature smile.. you are just too many, Trollmeister..

Which Way Out
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Chris, you brother of another mother. Your the BEST. I can't get over your infectious happiness.

Welcome to SWAT buddy, you more than earned it along time ago. Just had to go through the ritual of the moment.

WWO

SP Dan
11-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Hi ya trollmiester,

First of all....."Welcome to the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood".... Chris! You have earned it! :Big Smile::Applause:
You meet the challenge in GRAND fashion "as only you would"... sir!
Most of us only had to catch one species for our induction......you landed three.... with the "Barbie stix"! :EyePop:
Your talents and skills go beyond amazing!

I'm looking forward to more fun times and many memories of fishing with you Chris!

Your S.W.A.T. Brotha, :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

dlmoo312
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Awesome way to complete your mission right before the HG event! Congratulations!
That's a nice setup you got there too :LOL:

-Daniel

fishincrave
11-06-2012, 12:43 PM
congrats brother you deserve it .. as bones said your legal butt is next ..

Sean

Which Way Out
11-11-2012, 06:08 AM

Arthur, this should be considered the "5th Holy Grail" of surf fishing LOLLL

STRIPER
SALMON
BLACK SEABASS
TUNA
AND....
LEGAL HALIBUT W/ BARBIE ROD!!!

bloox8,
So far this year I have 3 of the 5 listed..........Just not with a Barbie rod! I am not that crazy.........:Cool:

Halibut
Salmon
Black Seabass

WWO