PDA

View Full Version : PETA wants sign to memorialize fish killed in crash

DVL_Local
10-30-2012, 07:45 PM
RIP...

http://www.ocregister.com/news/sign-376051-fish-letter.html

If that's a picture from the crash...those don't look like saltwater bass to me.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/mbqxu1-mbqxrl01fish.tc.1011.ks.jpg

DVL_Local

HawgZWylde
10-30-2012, 07:59 PM
RIP...

http://www.ocregister.com/news/sign-376051-fish-letter.html

If that's a picture from the crash...those don't look like saltwater bass to me.

DVL_Local

These people are absolute lunatics. Frigging nuts is putting it mildly. If you scroll down in the "general" section of the forums, I posted a thread regarding this topic a couple of months ago. The title is "educate before voting". I posted an article written by Robert Montgomery, an activist angler who writes a column for B.A.S.S. TIMES magazine. Check it out, it's a good read...

Ultralight
10-30-2012, 08:26 PM
At least PETA is consistent in their worldview. However, I can't imagine this type of publicity is good for their credibility. Hard to imagine this type of request - almost sounds like a joke except is is probably not for them.

UL

These people are absolute lunatics. Frigging nuts is putting it mildly. If you scroll down in the "general" section of the forums, I posted a thread regarding this topic a couple of months ago. The title is "educate before voting". I posted an article written by Robert Montgomery, an activist angler who writes a column for B.A.S.S. TIMES magazine. Check it out, it's a good read...

HawgZWylde
10-30-2012, 09:20 PM
At least PETA is consistent in their worldview. However, I can't imagine this type of publicity is good for their credibility. Hard to imagine this type of request - almost sounds like a joke except is is probably not for them.

UL

Sorry UL, no disrespect to you but in my book, PETA has no credibility whatsoever. I stand by what I said, they're a bunch of lunatics...

reelgurlzfish
10-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Sorry UL, no disrespect to you but in my book, PETA has no credibility whatsoever. I stand by what I said, they're a bunch of lunatics...
Gonna agree. PETA is a joke. These guys need to get a grip on reality. ....fish use tools? C'mon!

P.A.W.
10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
I think we should send a nice invitation to that letter writer inviting her to our next Striper King Classic! I remember waaaaayyyy back to a book called "The secret life of plants". They claimed to have measured the fact that plants felt sympathy and empathy for other plants around them. They also had a preference for certain music genre. So we should stop eating animals and veggies too. Hmm I hear some kinds of air tase pretty good.

JAG107
10-31-2012, 06:12 PM
If they want a sign out there, then they'll most definitely want to name my street in memoriam of all the dead trout and stripers that have left in my dumpster lol.

smokehound
11-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Gonna agree. PETA is a joke. These guys need to get a grip on reality. ....fish use tools? C'mon!Actually, some fish DO use tools.. But it's so rare that it's not really a point in favor for fish :LOL:

They claimed to have measured the fact that plants felt sympathy and empathy for other plants around them.Oh dear lord. Bahahaha!

Plants are VICIOUS. If you sped up plants to an animal's speed, you would see them all trying to choke each other out for sunlight! In biological terms, plants are some of the most violent organisms on the planet!

they poison animals with bright colored berries, release chemicals into soil to kill other plants, and use brutal strategies to spread their seed.

Just look at a Teddybear Cholla.. Haha

http://www.arrowheadgl.com/teddy-bear-cholla.jpg

Even if that thing had a brain, I'd imagine it getting lulz by slapping people

aramirez1988
11-01-2012, 09:53 AM
In my opinion, any press is good press. The more crazy the statements, the more people talk about it. If they can get one more lunatic to join in their ridiculous antics then I suppose it is a victory under their belt.. That article just made me upset that those fish ended up on the asphalt and not on my plate!

fishinarteest
11-01-2012, 01:10 PM
so does this mean i have to put up a memorial for all the fish i caught and ate. if so where should it go, the spot where i caught them, the frying pan they went into, or next to the toilet?