PDA

View Full Version : King of the Cats Result! Catmando is the NEW King of the Cats!

VineAssist
10-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Another summer Catfish Season is in the books as Saturday/Sunday night/morning was the King of the Cats Tournament. Allmost all of the 44 participants showed up to try and EARN the title of King/Queen of the Cats. The tournament field was made up of qualfiers from our summer catfish tournament season during which we saw a record amount of entries into our catfish tournaments! The elements defintley played a role in the bite as the predicted weather never materalized instead anglers where greeted to a warm weather, and a huge full moon. However anglers said fishing was decent in some spots.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050884.jpg
Eric Hagen of Orange was one of the first anglers to check in! Eric checked in this beautiful 12.4 Channel Catfish that was caught using Mackeral at Rocky Point. Erics fish was in the lead for a majority of the tournament. However Eric would have to settle for the bridesmaid postion.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050885.jpg
Last years King of the Cats Champion Brandon Woodward had high hopes of retaining his title. With this soild 7.14 Channel Catfish he put himself in 3rd place with this quality fish which was also caught at Rocky Point on Mackeral.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050890.jpg
The newcomer to Irvine Lake Mrs. Diana Cortez checks in this 7.0 Channel Catfish earning her 4th place. Diana finished one out of the qualifiers at the Mid Summer Nights Dream Tournament then came back and qualified at the Last Chance Tournament with a beutiful Blue Catfish. She was one of three Ladies that qualified for the King/Queen of the Cats Tournament.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050891.jpg
Mike England and Wayne Evans show off their 5th and 6th place Channel Catfish respectivley. They caught these two quality fish while fishing near the Isalnd in Sierra Cove.

AND INTRODUCING TO YOU! OUR NEW IRVINE LAKE KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050889.jpg
Mr. Ronson "Catmando" Smothers with a 15.0 lb Channel Catfish! Ronson caught his fish just off the end the fence line on Trout Island using Mackeral for bait. For winning the tournament Ronson EARNED $1,000 cash put up by Irvine Lake, $238 in side pot money which he gave to his partner for the night for his assistance in netting the fish, one year unlimited summer season pass, the King of the Cats Trophy, King of the Cats Jacket, B&B custom rod, and of course the King of the Cats Jug of Bite On Cajun from Angler Brothers.

Here is another picture of Ronsons catch!
[B]http://i1198.p[IMGhotobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050888.jpg[/IMG]

As always I would like to thank you all of the companies and people who made this summer season possible by sponsering the lake and giving away so much!
1. Eddie and Tony Williams over at Angler Brothers (Bite-On) you guys are awesome! As you all remeber these guys have been with us since Trout Season they also threw a Catfish Tournament this summer during which they raffled off a ton of awesome prizes. They dontate bottles of Bite On Scents to every raffle! I am so greatful to you guys! Also I am looking foward to another season with Bite On/ Angler Brothers as a Sponser of the Lake!
2. Chris Marso/ Bob Hoose and everyone over at Pure Fishing/ Berkley! These guys help keep the ball rolling over here at Irvine Lake. Whether it be a Crappie Tournament, Catfish Tournament or a Trout Tournament these guys have us covered! They donate a ton of raffle goods to the Tournaments!
3.Bob Barr over at B&B custom rods! The rod was awesome! Once again way beyond expectations.
4.Mits Onizuka! What can I say. Whether it be Trout Season or Catfish Season this man his here to help us in the parking lot/ on the dock or in the shop! It could me rain/sleet/snow/heat wave it dosnt matter the man is here! I swear the US Postal Service came up with there slogan after him. Thank you so much "Ogison"

Last and certainly not least I would like to thank anyone and everyone who came out this summer! You guys are the reason this is all possible! You come out and support these tournaments and the Lake. For that we are very greatful. So on behalf of Daniela, myself and the staff of Irvine Lake thank you!

And now To TROUT SEASON!

Rooster
10-29-2012, 09:48 AM
And now To TROUT SEASON!

Thank GOD :Not Worthy:

VineAssist
10-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Rooster wait til you see the quality of fish we stocked yesterday! Its going to be a fun year!

PONTOON
10-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Jimmy, Thanks for the report and my congratulations goes out to Catmando. It was a well deserved win Ronson!:Cool:

Thank you to all of those at Irvine Lake for making this a very memorable tournament and congratulations to all the top finishers.

troutdog
10-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Congrats once again to catmando, he bested a lot of very experienced anglers who were all winners this summer....it was a great catfish season. Irvine Lake's tournaments are 2nd to none, keep up the great job!

See you with a stringer of trout very soon!

TD

dixoncider
10-30-2012, 05:10 AM
He is the king of cats.. no doubt..

fishfnatic
10-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Congrats to Catmando. Being there at night hearing, and seeing the slow fishing for him to pull out those 2 beasts rightfully deserves the title. Thanks Irvine lake for a wonderful experience at the King of the Cats. The entire staff there did a bang up job hosting the event. Good times. See you on Saturday!

Catmando
10-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks peeps and to the Irvine staff. It was a tough season and tournament. Congrats to all the contestants. Lots of nice channels caught. Hopefully the water level will stay down so we can see a parade of double digit blues next time. Until next time...you know....Meeeeeooouuuuuttttt! ;-)