PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Jetty with Josh (No pics sorry!)

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
10-27-2012, 05:37 PM
So we tried to hit bolsa chica jetties at about 2 o'clock, turns out that I dont like fishing those jetties at low tide. Too much current and not enough water, although now I have an idea as to where the structure is. OFF TO SEAL BEACH!

We get to seal beach at about 3 o'clock. I start throwing a black shad LC and Josh here is throwing some perch grubs. Maybe 15 minutes in, I get a hit and land a shorty, probably 17 inches. I decide to call Josh over to see if we could get him on some fish. He puts on my ghost sardine LC and Bam! He's got another shorty on. We threw for maybe another hour or so. Kinda lookin like it was gonna be a slow day until I hear Josh's reel. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (10lb test). Josh pulls it up and its another pancake. I was thinking "maybe its a little short." We measure it, 22 1'2 ". Josh was stoked since he caught his first legal. We threw a bit more. Right before we leave, I decide to give another throw.......
SNAP! Oh, there goes another LC...maybe I should stop buying them. Anyways, it was nice being to put someone on a fish for once. Had a great time, great company, and fun fishing. As for the LC, ehhh lures come and some go but you know how it is. Can't always be mad about it. Take care all and always, Tight Lines and God Bless.

Josh
10-27-2012, 06:55 PM
here's a pic of the flatty. Had an awesome time and looking forward to hitting both spots up again in the future!

DockRat
10-27-2012, 07:00 PM
:Applause: WTG Josh !
Congrats on the legal.
DR

Josh
10-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks man!

5150fishn
10-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Glad you guys got out and got some fish! Grats josh on the legal flattie!

PTN
10-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the Hali! That's pretty cool how you can still see the patterns/dots on it. Usually they fade away after the fish is lights out.

-Peter

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
10-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the pic Josh. It was definitely a great time out there.

Josh
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Congrats on the Hali! That's pretty cool how you can still see the patterns/dots on it. Usually they fade away after the fish is lights out.

-Peter

We had a bucket and kept it in some water so it was still somewhat alive when i got to my house.

Thisfool
10-28-2012, 12:34 AM
good job on getting some fish and congrats on the first legal josh.

wish i went with you guys. seems like every time i have me a date to go on and miss out on fishing it was an epic day of fishing. I think im going to have to stop talking to the ladies and just devote my self 100% to fishing hell its a lot cheaper lol

SP Dan
10-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi ya Sir.Snags.A.Lot,

Friends, fun, fishing and helping your friend to beach his first legal hali...WTG! :Thumbs Up:
They're out there and I'm heading out this PM to see if I can find me one.

Thanks for the report and the team work on the fish photo! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

murrieta angler
10-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Sir,
Your unselfishness will come back to you 10 fold..:Wink:
That's what it's all about Bro!!
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Slims
10-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Maybe you should invest in some braid? if you keep losing LCs it will pay for itself in no time.

bachiboy
10-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Lures do come and go, still can't help but get mad about it sometimes though.:Wink: If its any consolation, I've lost 13 this year so I feel your pain. Great going getting your friend on fish and congrats Josh on your legal! Keep it up...you're lost LCs will pay for themselves with some priceless memories!

Don

Hometown
10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
congrats josh on the legal flatty